My "main" hobby (many pictures included)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coldblackwind

Yeah, I'm gonna have to take it up there and play around after seeing those pics. First import I've ever owned! Not counting my '76 280z, that never made it to the road, traded for it sight unseen and it was waaay worse than I was led to believe. Pretty excited, I've built american cars, built compacts, helped with crxs, but I've never actually built an import that I owned! I'm less about 1/4 mile time, and more about playing in the twistys ;)

Hey...I have one of those too. With some really sticky tires there isn't much around that will touch it on a curvy road. It is one of the most forgiving and easy to drive vehicles made.

Cool! Given the very small production run, it's fairly rare to bump into another local owner.

Miatas are super in the curves, but the MSMs boost and suspensions make the car amazing. This is one of my favorite quotes from a corvette forum discussing their upcoming dragon event.

"Fun time, but if you see the Miata cars, they are incredible. Hard to believe but they will eat you up."

Zoom-Zoom :)

PS: are you coming to the gap in late July?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Moody
I love Mk IV Supras, is that a 3.0 or a stroker 3.4? Hopefully it isn't a dyno queen, those are the worst.

Thanks for the kind words. It's actually a 3.1L, as honestly, I'm not a fan of the 3.4 stuff due to cost, and the fact that they require alot of hacking of the stock block to make everything fit. The engine is square from the factory, so I wanted to keep it as close to 86.5MM X 86.5MM as possible, as it's the strongest and can rev without the concerns that the 3.4 guys have. This one has a factory crank, but that's it, and larger pistons, with stock-sized aftermarket rods.

Moody's MACHINE is no dyno queen...I've seen it and been passed on the track by it.

Ha, thanks man! I hope to be back out there with you all sooner than later when I have the car finished.

hello SF brother Moody. ;)

Hey! I hope that Dale's old car is treating you well. Finished yet?