Grandpa retired today

Guest WyattEarp

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker

Enter Donovan McNabb. You watch.

If we are lucky, we can get Carson Palmer as a mentor. The problem is, the Bengals are too stupid to trade him for something of value. They'd rather cut him.

We shall see.

Guest WyattEarp
Enter Donovan McNabb. You watch.

If we are lucky, we can get Carson Palmer as a mentor. The problem is, the Bengals are too stupid to trade him for something of value. They'd rather cut him.

We shall see.

McNabb? Yes. Palmer? no. Mike Brown has already said he will not release or trade Carson Palmer. The price the Titans would have to pay to get him would be at minimum 2 #1 Draft Picks, maybe 3 and Bud Adams isn't going to part with 2 #1 Draft picks, he'll just develop Locker (or at least he'll try to).

Is Palmer worth that? Nope, but Mike Brown can't afford to let Palmer push him around, because if he trades or releases Palmer on his request, then he has to do it with any other Bengals player that goes that route, and that would open the flood gates. Brown won't trade or release Palmer, and Palmer will be retired, but since he's still under contract, he's prohibited from signing with any other team, or mentoring, or anything until after the final year of his contract is up.

Guest Bronker
Meh. Wake me when the first college game is played.

Amen.

I find it very difficult to turn a sympathetic ear to the pillow-fight between billionaires vs. millionaires.

Give me some college gridiron.

Amen.

I find it very difficult to turn a sympathetic ear to the pillow-fight between billionaires vs. millionaires.

Give me some college gridiron.

I haven't been much of an NFL fan for the last several years but the lockout pushed me over the edge. It wouldn't bother me if they just cancelled this season and played NCAA games on Sat. and Sunday.

Guest brandon_pitt
I haven't been much of an NFL fan for the last several years but the lockout pushed me over the edge. It wouldn't bother me if they just cancelled this season and played NCAA games on Sat. and Sunday.
Yes.
Guest brandon_pitt
I like watching the Steelers win, but I wouldn't be sad if the NFL folded. Too much money involved and the rule changes are turning the game into touch football.
Have you heard the latest one? You cannot look at the quarterback, much less tackle him.

Not trying to hijack thread but anyway I was watching the NFL channel out of boredom "Top 10 worst free agent picks of all time"

Guess who was #1 " Big Albert Haynesworth by the redskins"

Sorry this was off topic but thought it was funny

Alvin Harper came in at #2 another former Vol

Guest WyattEarp
Meh. Wake me when the first college game is played.

I can only stand to watch college football from the living room. I'm still surprised the NCAA does not allow the sale of beer at college football games.

Guest Bronker
I can only stand to watch college football from the living room. I'm still surprised the NCAA does not allow the sale of beer at college football games.

Not everyone has to have alcohol on board to enjoy a Saturday afternoon sports activity where, ironically, 75% of the pertinent participants are below the legal drinking age.

Just saying.

You can buy beer at some college games. They can't sell it at any SEC stadium, but when UT played U of Memphis they were selling beer. And at they sell it at bowl games as well.

That rule has never stopped anyone that really wanted to drink from doing it at anyway. All you have to do is look in the trash cans in the bathroom at all the empty bottles. The thing that gets me is that if you have a suite you can load it out with all the booze you want the Friday before the game. It's this way at UT anyway.

Not everyone has to have alcohol on board to enjoy a Saturday afternoon sports activity where, ironically, 75% of the pertinent participants are below the legal drinking age.

Just saying.

This is truth. If you can't have fun without the booze then you're probably not there for the football anyway.

Don't get me wrong. I like to have a drink just as much as the next guy, but I don't need it to have a good time.

Guest WyattEarp
This is truth. If you can't have fun without the booze then you're probably not there for the football anyway.

Don't get me wrong. I like to have a drink just as much as the next guy, but I don't need it to have a good time.

I can have fun without booze, but I like to drink at least one beer, for some reason it makes the game just a little bit more exciting. I don't need to get rowdy or drunk lol. That's why when it comes to college I still to home or Buffalo Wild Wings. I love going to NFL games though, way more electric atmosphere than college.

Guest WyattEarp
There's so much money and greed involved that it reminds me of street gangs fighting over drug turf.

it's the players who are being greedy. they want all these concessions when they already make MILLIONS

health insurance provided by the owners during their careers

health insurance provided by the owners AFTER their careers

then they want a pension/retirement fund

they want health insurance for the retired players (Im ok with that because those guys didnt make as much then as these new guys are, and the old guys bodies are all torn up badly)

they want rookies to be able to only be held to 4 year contracts, and then be able to sign with another team instead of the 5 or 6 years it used to be. (the owners are countering with a rookie wage scale cap so no more rookies getting $80 million contracts).

the players make millions. they need to set aside some of that money for retirement. It's not that difficult to take 20% of your signing bonus, and stick it in the bank, forget about it and let it earn interest.

as for the health care, it's not that difficult to buy an insurance policy and pay the premium after their career is over. Set the money aside before hand! It's not the NFL owner's jobs, to hold your hand after you're no longer in the league. The players need to start accepting personal responsibility for themselves, and stop expecting the owners to pay for everything.

The owners should provide healthcare while they are still playing (or on injured reserve status). Once a player retires due to personal choice, injury, or legal problems, the health coverage should cease and it should be the players responsibility.

The bottom line is the players want to make all of the money that they do, and they can go buy multiple 10,000+ square foot houses, expensive jewelry, ritzy cars, throwing money around at clubs, big screen tv's, and do all this fun stuff, but they can't take the initiative to lookout for their own retirement funds and future health expenses. Even doing fun stuff requires responsibility, and as far as I can tell, the players want no part of personal responsibility, and just want to be bottle fed from mama's tit all their lives and that ain't the way life works.

I say piss on them. I'm on the owners side. Without the owners and the stadiums, there is no NFL. The NFL can always find replacement players that are willing to play for less money.

The legal system is also on the NFL Owner's side, because the court has ruled the Lockout was legal, and that the owners are in the right. Now the players have no bargaining chip left, because once the Lockout was ruled as legal, the court wasn't going to force the Owners to open their books to the players (my boss does not show me his books when I demand it, why should the owners show theirs to the players just because they demand it?).

The players need to learn their place. They are employees (contract employees nonetheless), and the owners are the boss.

it's the players who are being greedy. they want all these concessions when they already make MILLIONS

health insurance provided by the owners during their careers

health insurance provided by the owners AFTER their careers

then they want a pension/retirement fund

they want health insurance for the retired players (Im ok with that because those guys didnt make as much then as these new guys are, and the old guys bodies are all torn up badly)

they want rookies to be able to only be held to 4 year contracts, and then be able to sign with another team instead of the 5 or 6 years it used to be. (the owners are countering with a rookie wage scale cap so no more rookies getting $80 million contracts).

the players make millions. they need to set aside some of that money for retirement. It's not that difficult to take 20% of your signing bonus, and stick it in the bank, forget about it and let it earn interest.

as for the health care, it's not that difficult to buy an insurance policy and pay the premium after their career is over. Set the money aside before hand! It's not the NFL owner's jobs, to hold your hand after you're no longer in the league. The players need to start accepting personal responsibility for themselves, and stop expecting the owners to pay for everything.

The owners should provide healthcare while they are still playing (or on injured reserve status). Once a player retires due to personal choice, injury, or legal problems, the health coverage should cease and it should be the players responsibility.

The bottom line is the players want to make all of the money that they do, and they can go buy multiple 10,000+ square foot houses, expensive jewelry, ritzy cars, throwing money around at clubs, big screen tv's, and do all this fun stuff, but they can't take the initiative to lookout for their own retirement funds and future health expenses. Even doing fun stuff requires responsibility, and as far as I can tell, the players want no part of personal responsibility, and just want to be bottle fed from mama's tit all their lives and that ain't the way life works.

I say piss on them. I'm on the owners side. Without the owners and the stadiums, there is no NFL. The NFL can always find replacement players that are willing to play for less money.

The legal system is also on the NFL Owner's side, because the court has ruled the Lockout was legal, and that the owners are in the right. Now the players have no bargaining chip left, because once the Lockout was ruled as legal, the court wasn't going to force the Owners to open their books to the players (my boss does not show me his books when I demand it, why should the owners show theirs to the players just because they demand it?).

The players need to learn their place. They are employees (contract employees nonetheless), and the owners are the boss.

What he said !!