2011 NFL Season

Guest WyattEarp

Guest WyattEarp
Titans Rock! You Loose! nice pics though

Next week Denver takes on the Packers, whats your predictions, we'll see if your accuracy improves

nice spelling job. did you graduate High School?

I doubt we can hang with the Packers, they picked right up where they left off after winning the Super Bowl. Only way we win in Green Bay is if they have a real bad day like the Ravens had last weekend.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tebow sucks as an NFL QB? it's obvious you don't know very much about Tebow. Tebow is galaxies ahead of Orton as an NFL QB. Orton should be 3rd on some NFL teams depth chart.

Tebow will be a more successful NFL QB than Jake Locker will be, GUARANTEED.

Just like you guaranteed that the Broncos were gonna win today right?

He is third string for a reason. Do you honestly think that the coaches would put him there if he was the best QB on the team? If the team loses the coaches lose and that puts their jobs at risk. They are not going to risk getting fired because they don't like Tebow or they didn't draft him.

Tebow was a huge success in college because he was in the right system at the right time. No NFL team runs the offense that they ran at UF. So he had to try to make himself into a pocket passer. He tired to learn to take the snap under center, he changed his throwing motion, and he tired to work on his mechanics. And in the end he is just not that good at any of those things.

nice spelling job. did you graduate High School?

If you are going to call someone out on their spelling you better learn to capitalize words at the beginning of sentences. Also "high school" would not be capitalized because "high school" is a common noun. If you were talking about a specific high school you could capitalize it. :tinfoil:

Guest WyattEarp
Just like you guaranteed that the Broncos were gonna win today right?

He is third string for a reason. Do you honestly think that the coaches would put him there if he was the best QB on the team? If the team loses the coaches lose and that puts their jobs at risk. They are not going to risk getting fired because they don't like Tebow or they didn't draft him.

Tebow was a huge success in college because he was in the right system at the right time. No NFL team runs the offense that they ran at UF. So he had to try to make himself into a pocket passer. He tired to learn to take the snap under center, he changed his throwing motion, and he tired to work on his mechanics. And in the end he is just not that good at any of those things.

If he wasn't that good at any of those things, he would have been cut from the team, and Andrew Webb who is on the practice squad would have his spot. You can try and argue with the FACTS that were listed in the article I posted, but you'll just continue to make yourself appear ignorant, but you probably didn't even read it which is why you're still talking. I'm not saying the guy is Tom Brady or John Elway, I'm saying Tebow makes us more competitive, he lifts the play of the guys on the team, we put up more points with Tebow starting, we were more productive with Tebow starting, the team was in games with Tebow starting.

Also, he and Quinn are both listed as second on the depth chart.

The Denver front office believes that Orton gives them the best chance to win NOW. I think it's garbage. I don't know how any can review tape of Orton and not see all his glaring deficiencies. 49% over his career on 3rd down. he takes more sacks on 3rd down than any other QB in the league. By comparison the Top 10 QB's in the league convert 60% of their third downs. Orton is also 48% over the span of his career converting in the red zone (touchdowns, not field goals), by contrast the Top 10 QB's in the league convert 60%+ in the red zone.

Before the lockout ended, Denver publicly came out and said that Tebow would be the starter, and the day the lockout ended they actively began shopping Orton around. He was supposed to go to Miami, they didn't want to pay him $9,000,000 (which is what his contract is for this season) and asked him to restructure his contract, he refused, the Dolphins told him to screw off, instead choosing to continue to develop Chad Henne (they made the right move too).

Denver then made a huge PR mistake, and got behind Orton as their starter, and then the talk began about how poorly Tebow was doing in practice, and how "sharp" Orton looked in practice. Well, so far we've seen how well that's played out. 1-2 record with Orton as the starter, 6/13 on 3rd down against the Raiders, an INT, 2 fumbles (1 of which was on 3rd down with under 2:00 to play in the game, and there was no one even around him) and 1/3 in the red zone. Week 2 against the Bengals, Orton 5/12 on 3rd down, and 1/2 in the red zone. Week 3 against the Titans, 8/15 on 3rd down, 2/3 in the red zone, with 2 INT's.

Sorry, but an 8th year PRO should be much more efficient than that. An 8th year pro, should not be making rookie mistakes. An 8th year pro, should be able to read a defense properly. An 8th year pro, should be able to convert consistently on 3rd down. An 8th year pro should be able to convert in the red zone. An 8th year pro should be able to step up in the pocket and accurately deliver the ball (TO HIS TEAMMATES, NOT THE OTHER TEAM. An 8th year Pro should not lose the football every time the game is on the line, when his team is down late in the 4th. But that's what our 8th year pro starting QB does. He's incompetent. I think Steve Bono and Elvis Grbac and Trent Dilfer have more credibility than this clown. At this point, I'd take Vince Young over Kyle Orton. I wouldn't take Kerry Collins over Orton though. Kerry Collins was just as bad, if not worse than Orton when he was with Tennessee.

Orton is 12-19 as a starter in Denver, he is terrible on 3rd down, he is terrible in the red zone, and he panics in the face of the blitz and takes way too many sacks on 3rd down. Next time you get a chance, watch him when the blitz comes, he gets happy feet, then either dances into the arms of a defender, loses the ball, throws incomplete, or he throws a pick. Orton has a great work ethic in practice. Get him in pre-season, or a regular season game, and he'll choke. That's what he is, a choker, a loser, a turd. You can polish a turd, spray fragrance on it, dress it up, make it look good, in the end a turd is a turd, and that's all he'll ever be.

The statistics don't lie, his stats in his time with Denver are consistent with those across that of his career, when he was with Chicago. It's not a Denver thing, it's not a Chicago thing...it's a Kyle Orton thing. No one wants this guy on their team. That's why Miami didn't pull the trigger on the trade. That's why Arizona or Seattle never even picked up the phone. Seattle went after Tavaris Jackson (who just might be the worst QB in the NFL right now, Orton and Collins are tied for 2nd worst in the NFL), and Arizona went after Kevin Kolb. The guy is a loser, and he doesn't get it. He doesn't have that "IT' factor. He is not a leader in the locker room, he is not a leader on the sidelines, he is not a leader in the huddle. He is a car thief, driving a stolen car, and soon as his time is up, his career as a starting QB (unless someone goes down with an injury) is over in the NFL. Tebow has "IT".

Denver will continue to lose with Orton in at QB. He cost us against the Raiders, he cost us again today against the Titans. He cost us 9 games last season. When they finally wake up and put Tebow in, only then will people see that he can do it. Brett Favre had a funny throwing motion and weird fundamentals, he's now a Super Bowl winner and a future Hall of Famer. Steve Young was criticized for his throwing motion, and the San Francisco fanbase thought George Seifert was INSANE when he traded with Tampa Bay to get him, he turned out to be a Super Bowl winner and a Hall of Famer.

My opinion about who should start at quarterback for the Broncos shouldn't matter to anyone. But the facts should matter to everyone.

The facts show that Tim Tebow is ahead of many of the NFL's greatest quarterbacks at this point in his career, and that the Broncos are more competitive with Tebow at quarterback than with Kyle Orton.

In his three regular season NFL starts, Tebow outperformed Peyton Manning, Tom Brady​, Steve Young​, Troy Aikman and John Elway in their first three starts. Tebow did all that while leading a 3-10 team that had nothing left to play for, a team that had lost eight of its last nine games with Orton at quarterback.

Tebow's NFL rating of 82.70 is more than double that of Aikman (38.43) and Elway (38.53), and superior to Brady's (77.23).

Data kept by the NFL also blows up the media-created myth that Tebow can't pass. In his three starts, Tebow threw for more yards (651) than Brady (618) or Elway (313). Manning threw for 32 more yards than Tebow, but it took him 33 more attempts to do it. Tebow also threw for more touchdowns than the other five quarterbacks.

In addition to being a better passer, Tebow also ran for three touchdowns, one a game-winner, while the other five quarterbacks did not run for a single touchdown.

Tebow instantly made the Broncos a more competitive team. For example, last year the Broncos lost their first game to Oakland, 59-14. In that game, Orton was sacked four times, threw an interception that was returned for a touchdown, fumbled, and had a passer rating of 73.6. And that was a home game.

Six games later in Oakland, Tebow made his first NFL start against a Raider team in the playoff hunt. Tebow had the highest passer rating in the history of the Denver Broncos for a professional debut (100.5). In his very first game, Tebow became only the third player in NFL history to throw for a touchdown over 30 yards and run for a touchdown over 40 yards. He did not throw an interception or fumble. And he had the Broncos within 3 points in the fourth quarter before Oakland prevailed.

The next week, Tebow threw for 308 yards and led the Broncos back from a 17-0 half-time deficit to beat Houston 24-23. Tebow won the game with a 6-yard touchdown run in the final minutes.

In the last game of the season, Tebow led a comeback that fell just short as the Broncos lost 33-28 to San Diego. Tebow threw for two touchdowns, ran for one, had over 200 yards passing, and rushed for 94 yards. Earlier in the season, with Orton at quarterback, the Broncos scored half as many points against San Diego in a 35-14 loss.

In his last 12 quarters of regular season football, Orton has thrown for one touchdown pass, been sacked 10 times, lost three fumbles, rushed for 18 yards and no touchdowns, and put a total of 39 points on the board.

In his last 12 quarters, Tebow has thrown four touchdown passes, been sacked six times, rushed for 199 yards and three touchdowns, and did not lose a fumble. With Tebow at quarterback, the Broncos scored almost twice as many points as they did under Orton (75-39).

The Broncos apparently fully appreciated how great Tebow's start was. Just two months ago, nfl.com reported that the "Broncos want to trade Orton to make way for Tebow."

But the Broncos effort to unload Orton fell through when Miami backed out. Coach John Fox then apparently felt that he was stuck starting Orton. In order to raise the trade value for Orton, Fox had spent the entire off-season telling the team and league that Orton was the Broncos starting quarterback. So when Fox couldn't trade Orton, Orton remained the starter.

Tebow was demoted, and most of his snaps in pre-season games were with the second and third team. Despite that, Tebow finished the preseason with a higher quarterback rating than Orton, led a game-winning drive, and did not throw a single interception.

So the next time someone says Tebow can't play quarterback in the NFL, ask them how they like Elway, Manning, Brady, Aikman and Young. And ask what more you can ask of Tebow, than to play better than those Super Bowl winners in his first three starts.

If you are going to call someone out on their spelling you better learn to capitalize words at the beginning of sentences. Also "high school" would not be capitalized because "high school" is a common noun. If you were talking about a specific high school you could capitalize it. :tinfoil:

When you write for a newspaper, then you can criticize me on my grammar and spelling. I've already done one article for the MTSU Sideline, and there will be another one coming before long. I think my credibility goes a bit further than yours thank you very much. :up:

Your Tebow rant made me think of this picture. :up:

tebow.jpg

I never said Orton didn't suck. I just think Tebow sucks more. Oh, and Tebow is listed as the number 3 QB on NFL.com, ESPN.com, and yahoo sports.

When you write for a newspaper, then you can criticize me on my grammar and spelling. I've already done one article for the MTSU Sideline, and there will be another one coming before long. I think my credibility goes a bit further than yours thank you very much. :tinfoil:

Actually, I can criticize you because you were wrong. I normally don't care about grammer or spelling at all, but if you are going to call someone out for it you could at least capitalize the first word of your sentence.

Guest WyattEarp
I never said Orton didn't suck. I just think Tebow sucks more. Oh, and Tebow is listed as the number 3 QB on NFL.com, ESPN.com, and yahoo sports.

Actually, I can criticize you because you were wrong. I normally don't care about grammer or spelling at all, but if you are going to call someone out for it you could at least capitalize the first word of your sentence.

Well what you think isn't backed up by any facts of any sort, so what you think holds about as much water as thimble. Tebow's stats as a starter are much better than those of Orton. It's already been proven. You choose to ignore the facts. You're just another Tebow hater, with no basis for your hate, other than you hate to see guys who have "IT" succeed.

I'm pretty sure the Denver Broncos (who set their roster and depth chart) are more accurate than NFL.com, ESPN.com, and Yahoo Sports.

You also might wanna go back 3 posts and spell the word "tried" correctly, because you spelled it tired. Nice job spelling "grammer"...very nice indeed.

I did indeed spell it wrong. "Tit for tat" as they say. And I'm sure if you go back and look at my other 2500 post you will find more.

And I'm not a Tebow hater. Just because I don't think he is a good NFL QB doesn't mean I hate the guy. He is probably one of the best people in the NFL.

Guest WyattEarp
PS. WyattEarp, regarding your last picture...the focus was way off.

Much more interesting things going on there.

I went back last and re-edited it before I saw this comment, but it does look pretty sharp to me...we are talking about the one where Mariani is running to the left with a Denver player in pursuit right? the forum software does re-size images, so that may be why. try clicking the status bar on top of the image, and open it up full size and see if that helps.

I went back last and re-edited it before I saw this comment, but it does look pretty sharp to me...we are talking about the one where Mariani is running to the left with a Denver player in pursuit right? the forum software does re-size images, so that may be why. try clicking the status bar on top of the image, and open it up full size and see if that helps.

I think you missed his point.

Guest WyattEarp
woohoo, Bengals win on last play of the game field goal. how'd that F'n happen? They r supposed to lose that way.

And I guesssing we are gonna hear more rants about the Broncos if things don't change in that game.

aside from the pick 6, Orton has actually done decent today. he even scrambled for a first down. couldn't believe my eyes. Doubt Denver will win this game, but at least they didn't pack it in and give up when they were down 21-3.

I ain't a Packer backer but I knew plenty of them when we lived in Round Lake Il. You all suffered for a damn long time before resurging. Would love to go to a game there one day.

I grew up in Milwaukee, I remember (Lynn Dickie anyone?).

Most of the Packer games I went to were at Milwaukee Co Stadium, but I did go to the holy land once.

Guest WyattEarp
Longtime Raiders owner Al Davis dies - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

Sorry for his loved one's loss. I did not know he was in any was fixing to kick.

I am guessing the Raider nation has mixed emotions.

he did a lot of great things with the AFL - NFL merger, and overseeing several committees. He is one of the reasons we have the NFL the way it is today. But the past 10-15 years, he had gotten really senile, and just out of control with the way he treated people inside his organization, coaches, assistants and front office personnel. I guess when you get old, you get real cranky and senile. Condolences to his family, and Raiders fan. His contributions to the game were visionary.