2011 NFL Season

Guest WyattEarp

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WyattEarp

Tebow time in Denver!!!!!!!!!! Fox finally sat that noodle armed reject Orton, and put Tebow in....and guess what? Tebow has more rushing yards than Orton has passing yards today, and we got a ball game here late in the 4th. Go Denver and the Fighting Tebows!!!! :D

Guest WyattEarp
As a Denver native, and devout Bronco fan, I knew Orton wasn't the answer but cringed at the thought of it being "Tebow Time."

At this point, what the hell, let the kid play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hell he can't do any worse than Orton. There's no doubt he brings enthusiasm to the huddle, and he makes the game more exciting and he makes the Broncos more competitive. We were totally dead in the water before they benched Orton. That stadium was rockin' when Tebow came in, and it just seemed to infect the rest of the team in a good way.

might as well him let him play and see how he does. If he can't do it, then we draft a QB next year. either way the Orton era is hopefully over for good. I can't watch anymore of that lifeless slug go out there and continue to piss games away in true Rex Grossman/Elvis Grbac/Trent Dilfer chokers fashion. He brings nothing to our team. No energy, no confidence, no enthusiasm, no ability to improvise, no ability to throw deep down the field, no ability to rush or scramble. And he doesn't even TRY to get better. he just keeps making the same mistakes over and over and over again.

glad to see a fellow Bronco fan on here.

I'm all for whoever gives us the best chance to win. If we end up at the bottom of the standings this year hopefully Elway will be able to make some good draft picks in the spring.

Still not sure about the John Fox hire, but he's better than Josh McDummy. Oh to think where we'd be at if we still had Marshall, Hillis, Scheffler, and Cutler. They'd be under utilized in Fox's unimaginative offense, but at least we'd have a fighting chance!

Glad to know I'm not the only Bronco fan on here too. Darn near got boo-ed out of the stadium last year with my jersey on... Loved every minute of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest WyattEarp

great game last night on MNF. Lions are impressive, but I wonder how long it will last? It's not easy to shed the past, and in the first quarter, they made a lot of stupid mistakes, and penalties that cost them so many times the past 10 years. Looked like the team of old started to come back, but they held on. They aren't blowing teams out of the water, but they're winning close games and coming from behind. young team, still growing. they should make the playoffs as a wild card. Actually looking forward to the Thanksgiving Game between GB and Detroit for a change. Should be a shootout.

and the day I have been waiting on as a Bronco fan has arrived. It is officially Tebow time in Denver. Fox named Tebow the starter for the Miami game. We're on a bye week this week, so 2 weeks to get the kid ready. He'll get his first win this season, and 2nd as a starter :)

NFL.com news: Broncos' Fox tells players Tebow to start at QB vs. 'Fins

Guest uofmeet
It could be the first time 2 undefeated teams play on thanksgiving.

I was hoping for that, but the San Fran kinda messed all that up.....

It seemed like Detroit just didn't really bring it the yesterday.

Guest WyattEarp
Did I read that right? One possibly two first round draft picks for him.

Oh well just when you could watch a raider game without pain. I guess back to tanking games

Palmer's better than anything they have now or anything they've had since Rich Gannon last played for them. I think Palmer was just the victim of a bad coaching staff in Cincy, and an inconsistent supporting cast. In the right system with competent coaching, I think he can be an above average quarterback, but I don't see him as being one of the elite's.

I am absolutely thrilled that Carson was paroled from the Bengals. I wish him nothing but the best of luck with the Raiders and the balance of his NFL career.

It is a win win deal for a Bengal fan such as myself. I love the guy, my favorite player in the league. He has been much maligned for wanting out.

And much maligned for a sub par season last year. People tend to forget he led them to a division title in 09. I don't think any QB could have won with Chad and TO last year. Chad can't run a route, and TO brings an extra prima donna the team didn't need, not to mention having had the worst OC in the league. Carson did not stand a chance. He saw any window of opportunity for success as having passed and wanted out. I don't think he was wrong. I still don't.

The Bengals have a new face for the franchise in Red Dalton and now they have two extra draft picks in April. People like me can finally move on from the Carson situation. Cincy fans can move on from it.

I wish him nothing but the best of luck in Oakland and I hope they win a title with him. I will still be rooting for him.

I wonder if they will make the punter give up #9?

Guest Victor9er

Palmer will wear number 3, the number he wore in college at USC.

I agree he's the best player they've had at that position in a long time. Jason Campbell is an average QB at best. Palmer has been a Pro Bowl QB (winning the MVP at one of them I believe) and has played at a high level for several years. If he can get back to that form then the Raiders may be in for a hell of a ride these next few years. I think it was a signifigant upgrade for that team.

I know a lot of people are saying that they have such a strong running game that they don't need a top QB... I disagree. The passing game with Campbell has been serviceable but that's about it. With all of that speed that the Raiders have their passing game doesn't scare anyone. It's only a matter of time before they face a defense (like Pittsburg, Baltimore, Jets... all in the AFC) that has the ability to shut down their running game. If they don't have a QB that they can turn to and say "Go win this game for us" then you're looking at a one and done playoff team.

I'm a Raider fan so I'm hoping Palmer can get his feet back underneath him and really play well again. He's not quite 32 yet, so you figure there's a chance to get a good 5 or 6 years out of him still if he can stay healthy. If they win a Superbowl or two in that time then the "price" will have been worth it.

It's really not fair to say who got the better deal out of this yet, we probably won't know till 4 or 5 years from now. Like I said if the Raiders can get a Superbowl out of it then no one will second guess it. As for the Bengals, it looks like a great deal for them too, but we have to wait and see what they actually do with those draft picks. Their draft history hasn't always been the most rock solid, particuarly with first rounders.

Remember that Ricky Williams draft day trade... when Ditka gave away his entire draft plus picks in the following draft to the Redskins? What did they do with all those picks? How they didn't win a Superbowl with all of those picks is beyond me.... can anyone even name one player that they got from all of those picks? Note to Bengals: It's great to have them, but you gotta do something with them.

Edited by Victor9er