First time in Tennessee! (and some questions)

Guest greenhorn

Guest greenhorn
You've done a good amount of research. I'd say more of an over rated tourist attraction. I've only been once several years ago. The food is decent but not cheap. Family style serving, so all you can eat. Each table has a hostess that tells you the history. I wouldn't make a special trip just for that but if you do go to Jack Daniels and do the tour it might be worthwhile depending on your likes. Some people really like it, me not so much.

I did want to tell you that I really like to travel to Sweden. I've gotten to travel to several countries and Sweden is my favorite. I even drive a Volvo. LOL. I've been there about 5 or 6 times to work with a heater supplier for my company. We stay in Vasteras due to where the company is located.

Good luck when you come to the US.

Hmmm ok maybe I'll eat somewhere else.

Wow I didn't expect that anyone here had visited (or even know so much about) my small country but I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I live in Göteborg which is the second biggest city in Sweden, but it only has population of 600 000 so its a rather small city compared to the rest of the world... Thats why we like traveling I guess. Volvo was found in Göteborg and has always been a big and important part of the city, many of my friends work or have worked for them. Unfortunately the car industrie isn't doing well and the other Swedish car factory, SAAB is about to go bankrupt litterrally any day!

Have a great weekend everyone!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest biohazardmatthew
All Memphis has on Knoxville is that place that fries burgers in 100 year old grease ;)

That don't sound good at all. LOL Made my heartburn startup from thinking about it.

Edited by biohazardmatthew
Guest stevenhman

If you want to shoot some automatic weapons I know that On Target here in Murfreesboro, TN (about 20-30min south east of nashville) rents them. I think I saw an mp5 there that they rent out.

On Target

[ 915 North Thompson Lane, Murfreesboro - (615) 890-2960.]

They also have handguns you can rent there as well. I can't quite remember the cost but, you pay for a lane and shoot until you're done. I have a rifle (m4) and a shotgun (remmington 870) that I could bring along if you wanted to stop by Murfreesboro. I'd pay for myself to get in you just buy the ammo.

You are wrong, no samples. The only place in the county you can buy it will be by the bottle in the gift shop at the distillary. There is no where in the county to buy it for consumption by the drink.

Thanks for the correction. I knew the laws had changed since I went there several years ago. At that time you couldn't even buy a bottle in the gift shop.

I guess if you want samples you still have to go to Kentucky. They make some fine bourbon up there.

Robert, Tennessee is the right place for shootin' and eatin'! I hope you enjoy your visit. I don't want to hijack your tread, but I would like to ask the same question of you regarding Sweden. My oldest child is going to Europe for her fall semester of college. Being of Swedish decent (Dahlstrom), she would like to visit Sweden if possible. Where should she go and what should she do? Like I said, I don't want to hijack your thread, so feel free to respond by private message if you prefer. Thanks.