Pro-Am RockCastle KY space available!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn i would have thought there be a long waiting list in place.

Dan, what are you shooting?

i am shooting AM, and at the rate my shooting has dropped off i need a beginner division. we also have a room at the match hotel.

hope to see u there,

have they said anything about parking?

I'll be there, working Pro Stage 4 with Mike C. I decided (foolishly) to shoot Pro... I have horrible luck with random draw, figured if I'm going to pick last it might as well be last from a bigger table. According to the MD, there is parking at each stage for 2 squads, so unless there is a bottleneck, you should be able to park close to where you shoot. This is shaping up to be an absolutely epic match!

DanO

well if M.C. is there i know he is shooting Pro, so do think he can he can bring Jeremy down? i know he shot with the super squad about 2 weeks ago but had to go to his back up AR so that does not count.

we just finished the TN sectional, it was ugly but i did get my "A" count up today. now just have shoot at all the targets.

the bad part is Wanda beat a few stages and her vision can longer be corrected without surgery!

Guest CastIron

Just came in from helping to set up stages at the pro-am they will be well worth the trip also heard that there might still be a few slots left both pro and am they wont last long call now!

if you have ever wanted to shoot 3GUN this is your match.

great stages great food and the best host shooting center ever.

see ya there

gm.

well if M.C. is there i know he is shooting Pro, so do think he can he can bring Jeremy down? i know he shot with the super squad about 2 weeks ago but had to go to his back up AR so that does not count.

I would say there is little chance of that but maybe I can get them in a stage or two again.

The only reason I'm shooting Pro is because I'm working it. My pockets aren't that deep....:D

I'm planning on making it to Dickson for the warmup, you need to drag it out R&WF.

I would say there is little chance of that but maybe I can get them in a stage or two again.

The only reason I'm shooting Pro is because I'm working it. My pockets aren't that deep....:)

I'm planning on making it to Dickson for the warmup, you need to drag it out R&WF.

well best of luck to you, it would be big time bragging rights for those who know who the 2 of you are. my goal is to not get DQed and finish at least middle of the Am. which for me will tough if i do not stop getting worst and worst.

damn near got my 1st DQ at the TN Sectionals. i have been wearing a boonie hat lately, i heard shooter ready, then the timer just touched the brim of my hat and started my draw. it was very close.

• 2 weeks later...

well looked at tomorrows stages (AM), some are not fat guy friendly. small but steep hills (running up them) on some of the stages. the long range will be very tough. it is not range, but the 100 second time limit on all the stages. 2 people who shot it today never even got to the pistol part of the stage before they timed out. and already seen several friends and one got on to me for shooting AM. stating he has seen me for years but like i told him lately been going down hill fast.

the shooters bag is by far the nicest one we have gotten. a real shooter style bag with a tact light, 2 mutli tools and a NRA knife etc. Linda says it about $200 worth of stuff

well, finally it cleared out of the sign in area, and found the squad list everyone i know by name is shooting pro, but we did run into someone we shot benning with shooting AM, he remember us and ask Wanda if taking pictures again and thank her for all the pictures on the DVD Wanda sent out to the squad.

a small funny

when we were signing up for the match Jerry & Kay M. were about 1 or 2 poeple back. and at the table where you sign up for the free classes Jerry asked what was that on the table, we said it is sign up for the class you are giving. he started reading the listed info, What! where did they these numbers from (my exsample) only 5 world titles it is 8 and went down the list making corrections to all title numbers, we all got a kick out of it.

today the the larue shooting is free! they have lots of toys with lots of ammo! i was very happy i got the 1K with my 1st shot. the wife wife laughed at me because i did not want to shot it again, but i did got 2 out of 5 on the larue steel at 1k.

also they said FN set up a machince gun also open to the public, for a side match.

i did make thru my AM long stage with all my hits and did not time out. WOOHOOO!!!

Edited by RWF
can not read or type

the FN machince gun is a very small PS 90 full auto. CMMG also had several guns to try for $10 a mag. from 7" piston full auto 5.56 with a flame enhancer, to 22lr AR full size full auto to 300 blackout.

we went the 7" and WOW with flame enhancer standing in the sun, no clouds, you can not see anything but front sight and a fire ball! it was GREAT!

there was a Music City shooter who stopped me on the long range stage and talked him into shooting, i do not how he did but did get a picture of him.

one stage left still shooting clean, i looked at some of the scores last night. i am hoping to finish overall in the 40's i think there were 115 AM shooters. my best stage so far was 5 the long range stage.

note to all match director's compact cars with no tires or rims just sitting on the ground are very hard for old fat guys to get out of on the clock with rifle.

it is great to be home!

1st, i do have to make a correction, i did not make all my distance rifle shots with just one shot each. but it is shotgun that gets the best of me.

also i need to add, before someone throws the B.S. flag. remember that there are many types of scoring. this was IMG i do believe. and did have 0 points down, no penilties etc.

i had a great time lots fun, was happy about my shooting, not including shotgun. i really was looking for a top 50 finish. but no i am a lot slower than i thought. 95 out of 145. but stage 5 the AM long stage i did finish at #50.

the sponsors were great, they provide all the meals, but breakfast.

there were about 20 guns on the table, 1ea custom 2011, 2ea Colt AR's called Colt CR, wow they were awesome looking guns.

i can say that i got all money spent on match fee and hotel etc back. i got a Vortex Viper HS 2.5 x 10, black hawk knife, holster AR mags 10 total i think and a hat. as i said before the shooters bags, are real range bags like you buy from C.E.D. just a little smaller. they had tac-lights, 2 different multi-tools pmags and brownell mags, Larue tactical beverage opner and a hat. i got 1 and the NRA rep gave 3 to Wanda. and before we left Mr. Alexender (the .50 buewolf guy) grabed Wanda and told her to go to his box of shirts and grab a couple.

i got to meet the Hornady's Steve and his son, they where the squad right behind us. the brownells sat at the table with us, father and son and there team.