Renewing License

Guest Risky Ruger

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you got your renewal notice in the mail yet? It will contain an application, just fill it out and take it and $50 to a Drivers License Center and that's about it.

Make sure they do not take your current HCP, it along with the receipt they give you will allow you to carry, even if your current permit expires, until your new permit arrives.

I think you can renew by mail, but I have always gone in somewhere to make sure I had the receipt in hand. However it seems renewal processing time has been better lately.

Make sure they do not take your current HCP, it along with the receipt they give you will allow you to carry, even if your current permit expires, until your new permit arrives.

If you renew by mail, you get a confirmation letter. The letter is good for only 90 days. Don't know about the receipt from the state. I've never renewed that way.

Edited by robbiev
You can do so up to 6 months before it expires. I just went in and told them I wished to renew my HCP at 6 months out, I did not have any paperwork. Was no problems.

Good point. They do have applications there if you haven't got one in the mail yet.

If you renew by mail, you get a confirmation letter. The letter is good for only 90 days. Don't know about the receipt from the state. I've never renewed that way.

AFAIK there isn't an expiration on the receipt they give to you at the station.

I got my renewal done back in the spring, it expired in the end of June. I mailed the renewal back to them and in short order I got the letter. I don't recall there being a ninety day limit on it though. Seems to me it said the letter was good until I got the new HCP. Got the new one in a little more time, easily soon enough that the expiration date never came into play anyway.