Is there any place to try out subcompact 9mms in East TN/Tricities?

brazos

Hey everybody. I was originally thinking about getting a PF-9 for CC because of the price and dimensions. The more I look, though, the more possibilities I see. Now I want to test out at least the PF9, LC9, and XD subcompact before I decide. :doh:

Are there any places in or near the Tri-cities area that would have one of these or at least something similar as a range gun? I know Coal Creek has the CM9, and I'll probably stop by the next time I'm in Knoxville, even though I don't really want a Kahr. If there are no stores, I might end up begging locals to meet me at a range for a test fire. But I'll save that for another thread. ;)

I wouldn't stress over this so much, but it seems that little factors in the design of this kind of pistol can make or break the gun for people, and there's no way to know for sure until you've fired it.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coal Creek and Frontier Firearms just outside of Oak Ridge have a few rentals I believe. Definitely try the PF9 (and the LC9 I assume) before you commit to it. It's not exactly pleasant to shoot.

Try Shooter Edge in the Piney Flat industrial park. It is a new facility and continues to get really good reviews from everyone that has been there. Their website list the following rentals:

Chiappa: Rhino (.357) Glock: 17, 19, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 32, 36 Issc: M22 FN: Five Seven LWRCI M6A2 Mossberg: 500 Tactical Ruger: LCP, LCR 357, Mark 111, P95, SP101, SR9, SR40 Smith & Wesson: 19, 29, 36, 60, 629, 1911, M&P: 45C, 9C, AR15-22, AR15 with EOTech Springfield: 1911 Range Officer, XDM9, XDM40, XD45, XDM 5.25 (Competition Series) Taurus: Judge, Slim 9, 24/7 Walther: P22 WASR 10 AK47 FULLY AUTOMATIC WEAPONS: HK UMP 45, HK MP5, M1 Tommy Gun, Bushmaster .223, Colt M16 9mm, Beretta PM12S, Grease Gun, AK47, AK47u, Swedish K, M16 SBR

myshootersedge.com

Try Shooter Edge in the Piney Flat industrial park. It is a new facility and continues to get really good reviews from everyone that has been there. Their website list the following rentals:

Chiappa: Rhino (.357) Glock: 17, 19, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 32, 36 Issc: M22 FN: Five Seven LWRCI M6A2 Mossberg: 500 Tactical Ruger: LCP, LCR 357, Mark 111, P95, SP101, SR9, SR40 Smith & Wesson: 19, 29, 36, 60, 629, 1911, M&P: 45C, 9C, AR15-22, AR15 with EOTech Springfield: 1911 Range Officer, XDM9, XDM40, XD45, XDM 5.25 (Competition Series) Taurus: Judge, Slim 9, 24/7 Walther: P22 WASR 10 AK47 FULLY AUTOMATIC WEAPONS: HK UMP 45, HK MP5, M1 Tommy Gun, Bushmaster .223, Colt M16 9mm, Beretta PM12S, Grease Gun, AK47, AK47u, Swedish K, M16 SBR

myshootersedge.com

image.gif 4bea5934_c4bb_40c4_a9a0_4fd9aa5e44b7_Medium.gif

myshootersedge.com

Brazos, give Shooters Edge a call. I know they have some PC9's in stock, and probably for rent.

That's pretty much a PF9 dressed up in Ruger clothing.

If you are looking for small, thin, & not too pricy, the taurus 709 is a soild pick if you dislike DAO guns. Beretta is about to hit the market with their nano, which is looking very similar to this in a striker fired gun, but may be more pricy (?). There are a glut of very similar DAO 9mms in small frames, if you like that style you are in luck. The smallest SA I know of is out of production and much bigger, no one has figured out how to micro it yet.