History on a .22 pistol

Guest Phantom

Guest Phantom

Hello all... I'm new here....so i'll start off saying Hello from Murfreesboro !! :D

I'm writing in hopes of tapping into the collective knowledge of everyone on TGO. I recently took ownership of a .22 pistol which my dad purchased back in the 50's...and now i would like to find a little out about it.

The pistol is made by High Standard. Its a Sentinel, Model R-101. Its a 9 shot .22 cal revolver.

Does anyone know of a site or direction i can go to get information on when the pistol was made, where it was made, etc.... you know..just a history of it in general.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Phantom

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, Welcome to the board.

Here is some info from Blue Book Gun Publications

R-100, R-101, R-102 Series 3 in. bbl., brown sq. butt, plastic grips, blue, #9127, mfg. 1955-1960.

R-100, R-101, R-102 Series 3 in. bbl., brown sq. butt, plastic grips, nickel #9136, mfg. 1956-1960.

R-100 Series 5 in. bbl., brown sq. butt, plastic grips, blue, #9128, mfg. 1955 only.

Sentinel R-100, R-101, R-102 Series 6 in. bbl.

Brown sq. butt, plastic grips, blue, #9128 mfg. 1956-1964.

White sq. butt, plastic grips, nickel #9137 mfg. 1956-1964.

Guest Phantom

Thanks for the info... so from this, looks like it may have been built 56-64.... so the #9128 mfg..what does that refer to?? part of the serial # or something?

Guest Bobelk99
Thanks for the info... so from this, looks like it may have been built 56-64.... so the #9128 mfg..what does that refer to?? part of the serial # or something?

9128 is the model #. I shot these a great deal in the 60s and 70s. For this gun 5k is a great deal. They were not designed for heavy use.

They were just discontinued due to changing demands.

In recent years I have tried to find one for nostalgic reasons, and they are scarce.

Want a new caring home for yours?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Phantom

Thanks for the additional info...

so i took it to On Target shooting... man, this is the most accurate lil .22 !!! considering the age... man it does good....either that or i was just lucky!

Bobelk99 - thanks for the offer, but this one is staying here.. in the family... gotta pass it down to my son with he's old enough!