PSA: Be Careful With That Old Tru-Oil

When farting around in the garage and coming across an old bottle of Tru-Oil, do not take the lid off and squeeze it while you are looking down the hole, lol.

Even if you don’t hear or feel anything shaking the little brown bottle, there is a skin on top of the still liquid contents that wants to break free.  The juice will squirt through the dried barrier when coaxed and give one (me) a Tru-Oil mask and ruin a  perfectly good orange T-shirt.

I ought to know better.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
7 minutes ago, Garufa said:

When farting around in the garage and coming across an old bottle of Tru-Oil, do not take the lid off and squeeze it while you are looking down the hole, lol.

Even if you don’t hear or feel anything shaking the little brown bottle, there is a skin on top of the still liquid contents that wants to break free.  The juice will squirt through the dried barrier when coaxed and give one (me) a Tru-Oil mask and ruin a  perfectly good orange T-shirt.

I ought to know better.

I bet your complexion has never been better though 😃 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

I bet your complexion has never been better though 😃 

It’s so shiny my wife is wearing sunglasses.  Gonna need to knock it down with some 0000 steel wool and more soap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Garufa said:

It’s so shiny my wife is wearing sunglasses.  Gonna need to knock it down with some 0000 steel wool and more soap.

Were you smoking at the time ? I'm picturing it with you smoking lol

Doing questionably stupid things is not restricted to the young! I have done a bunch. Some recently.

No...I'm not going to list them. Much too embarassing.

Just glad all is well with the eyes. No loss if you had gotten the Orange Tee! LOL!

A year or two ago i was opening some driveway sealer. It had one of those plastic seal caps on it. I gave it a nice hard yank and the contents erupted like a kids baking soda volcano. luckily I was wearing a pair of sunglasses and had my mouth shut. I looked like Slimer got me from Ghostbusters. At first i was just shocked and then suddenly it started burning! I don't think i've run faster than I did to the garden hose. Took a fair amount of work to get it off and it tingled for probably a good hour or two afterward.

• Wow 1