Wish it was mine.

My neice gave my brother(her dad), this old Colt Police Positive 38. She or he didn't do it but some dufus many moons ago took what was obviously a wire brush to the frame around the Colt decal, it has some serious scratches. There are some in this world that deserve a good b-slap. I gave it a good cleaning, mechanically it's in great shape, the barrel has some pitting but I wouldn't hesitate to shoot it. It doesn't chamber .38 special but it shoots the 38 Colt or 38 S&W Long so it's a pretty old piece. With the damage done to the finish I don't think it would bring much value but it will be a fun but expensive plinker. Can't wait to shoot it.

Sorry for the poor quality photo.

Colt38PolicePositive.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why we need the "restoration/rescue sticky" like we were talking about in DMark's thread about his restored 03-A3!!!

Being as this poor soul has already been boo-foo'ed, it is a good candidate for a restoration. Well worth the price of a re-blue. The grips look in good shape. IMHO, it would be well worth the price of a re-blue and maybe some replacement springs if/where needed.

This is why we need the "restoration/rescue sticky" like we were talking about in DMark's thread about his restored 03-A3!!!

Being as this poor soul has already been boo-foo'ed, it is a good candidate for a restoration. Well worth the price of a re-blue. The grips look in good shape. IMHO, it would be well worth the price of a re-blue and maybe some replacement springs if/where needed.

My brother had mentioned that, since it's already damaged I guess it wouldn't be a sin. The grips are in excellant shape, I guess they are the old bakelight plastic, some pretty tough stuff. The springs seem okay, I didn't dare take the sideplate off to look at the trigger spring. Nothing is loose, the cylinder locks up tight when the trigger is pulled, tighter than most new revolvers. I don't know if my brother would spend the money to re-blue it, maybe some day I could make him a trade.:puke: