East Tn TGO Members APRIL 2008 Meet

One of these days we will sort out the eating or shooting stuff.

One thing you new Eastern Band members need to know is there is a $10 fee for using the range. It is pretty reasonable IMHO. Phantom will also have you fill out a disclaimer sheet or some such thing. Basically it says he gets your first born and all your firearms should something go wrong.

Mike you out there in cyberspace??? What do you want to do. Big Ed's was pretty good las time.

somebody needs to be the Dad here, LOL I am not afraid to do it ,LOL gots experience.

Scott you coming?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mech48

Thanks c.a.s.! I'll plan to be there.

Mike.357, $10 sounds more than reasonable. Thanks for the heads up, i don't always carry cash. lol

Guest c.a.s.

Don't forget plenty of ammunition.

Go to the first page and look at the 3-gun requirements and see if you qualify.

Currently guys, I may end up not being able to, due ot ammunition costs. A new manager took over Goodwill and ended up really really corrupt, and really had it out for the original staff. One coworker has a VERY large settlement in the works, but Mom wasn't so lucky. So we're a bit short right now.

Guest c.a.s.
cody, don't worry bout that, I'll pay mark back what you owe him, next time I'm home. That won't be too long I hope..but if he really needs it, I'll mail it to him.

I don't know how much you owe him, but I can just send him 60 bucks..that should cover it. yes?

If I'm remembering correctly.

And yet the proof keeps producing itself that those in the firearms community are some of the nicest people in society.

I WILL pay you back, though. It's policy. I'm looking around for jobs.

Edited by c.a.s.

Awww, heck, Cody. If things are tight don't worry about it. I'm not.

Sue came to visit today, hurrah... showed her what I had intended to give away at the next get together at my place - bad plan. Having a hard time getting it out of her hands. Tower, a word of advice - wear thick jeans around the house for awhile. Your ah, asset has a bullseye on it.

Guest mikedwood

Is a time decided? I'd like to come if it's possible with my schedule. Atleast stop by and meet some people, I'd like to shoot but haven't had much practice lately with anything other than the pistols.

Mikewood not everyone has to do the three gun thing. I doubt I am doing it. You are more than welcome to shoot your pistols.

Everyone needs to be aware that if you are going to shoot steel plates you need lead bullets. 22's dont matter but anything larger needs to be lead.

Just check back in this thread, I am sure Phantom6 will post here in the next day or two about time and all that stuff.

There is a fine area for shooting FMJ bullets at paper targets though as well as the rifle/shotgun range.

I have confirmation we are on.

Phantom is going to post an addy and map to a BBQ place for lunch @ 11 and shooting following lunch.

Yall check back and make sure you come out.

If the weather sucks we can sit it out and wait for a break.

Historically our shoots do not get rained out.

I am looking forward to it, always a lot of fun.

Guest Phantom6

OK. Since no one else posted up in response to my inquiry regarding places to eat I'm gonna step up , take the horse by the reins, the bull by the ring, the tiger by the tail ..... oh, whatever..... and say it's Big Ed's at 1130 for pizza and .... er, ah .... no beer.

According to the Weather Chanel Saturday will bring morning thunder showers. If it is raining or if there is lightening in the area the shoot will have to be called off. The weather changes pretty fast around here so we should not make a decision until after we eat. We'll take a look outside as we are getting ready to leave Big Ed's at 1230 or so and make a decision. For those who may be coming late (after 1300) call the school number--> 483.1108 to see if we are at the range or not.

Since we will undoubtedly have a wet range the three gun competition has been called off as we can't have someone trying to move and shoot in rapid fashion in the mud. We will throw clays for those of you who bring your feather dusters.

See y'all Saturday.

Guest c.a.s.

Depending on how it turns out, I may not get to go. I have to count out how much money I have for the Rage fee and ot help Mom with her gas, since it's only common courtesy since she's driving me around.

I just hope it doesn't rain too bad. If it goes from Hot to Cold and Wet in a very short time, I end up with migraines which are counter-productive for anything.

If Phantom does Skeet again, I'll look into taking a nice Savage SxS 20g to use. I only have about 6-8 rounds of #6 shot though.

EDIT: Mike, if you take checks we're good on this end.

Edited by c.a.s.

Anyone shoot Bernardelli? I have no idea why I have it. I assume it was a gift, probably of the importer. All embroidered with silver sort-of scrambled eggs on the brim and the Bernardelli name on both sides. It's a very nice cap. Lots of class.

2423220903_0ac5071d85_o.jpg

This can be a pay-it forward item. I'll pay shipping and all.

It goes to the first one to PM me with the following stipulations. It goes to Bernardelli owners (tell me you own one) first who have posted in this thread prior to this post and if there are no owners, then it goes to the first one who is not an owners but who has posted here.

Mech48 you can shoot whatver you want. The rifle range goes otu to about 100 yards I think, and pistols range is well a pistol range. You can shoot the short guns on the rifle range too if you care too.

Need lead for the steel plates though.

Bring targets. There are target stands already there.

Guest c.a.s.

Phantom, how would you feel about a 2.5" pine cube made out of 3/4" pine cubes glued together and colored with non-toxic markers?

It's a puzzle cube. It caused me lots of grief in my Engineering Design class, so I want to make it go away.