Holidays 2011 Reminder - Stay vigilant and stay armed

• Administrator

Just a gentle reminder as we approach the 2011 Holidays (Thanksgiving / Christmas) season to remain vigilant, keep your head on a swivel, and stay armed where legally permitted while you're out and about doing your holiday shopping.

It's no secret that our economy remains in the toilet and likewise no secret that "crimes of opportunity" increase as folks start feeling the pinch of bad times, no money and a sense of pressure to provide material things to themselves or their families. Please stay mindful of what's going on around you and ensure that you do not make yourself an easy target for a robbery, or worse, by failing to pay attention to your environment or failing to use common sense about how you conduct your business.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tngw1500se
Good advice. If I may add to it - men, if your wife/SO doesn't carry, then take it upon yourself to be her armed bodyguard. I won't let mine go out shopping alone, especially at night.

May I add that a handgun carry permit makes a perfect gift for the ones you love.

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez
Which is exactly why I told my lovely and talented better half that the only thing I want for Christmas this year is a handgun carry class and the permit. :puke:

The power to make that happen is in your hands! Get out there and take care of it. Now if only I could convince my better half that she should carry... I guess the first step is getting her to actually shoot. I've gotten her to the range, but she stubbornly refuses to get any trigger time.

The power to make that happen is in your hands! Get out there and take care of it. Now if only I could convince my better half that she should carry... I guess the first step is getting her to actually shoot. I've gotten her to the range, but she stubbornly refuses to get any trigger time.

My lovely better half shoots and my next modern hand gun will be with her in mind - a .357mag companion piece to my trusty Savage 24 in .357mag/20ga. Loaded with .38 special, it'll make an ideal "home defense" gun for her while I'm on the road, while .357 158gr hollow points will make it my carry of choice when I'm not in the truck.

...TS...