Harold Ford Pro-Gun?? Who would have thunk it?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GregRN

His picture is in the brochure sent out by the NRA for their special dinner coming up soon. Apparently, he is an invited guest speaker. I was surprised to see his picture there. But don't forget, Al Gore changed his stance on numerous issues as it would benefit him with his cronies. For exampe, talk to the tobacco farmers around Carthage.

Guest Jamie
It is a lie. He is VERY anti, check his voting record. He is trying to change his tune so he can run for an office, and win.

One of the Fords lie? Surely not. :)

Speaking of Fords... what's up with Ophelia? Saw her on the news last night, and she looks like she just escaped from a concentration camp. The reports said something about stomach ulcers, but she looked more like an AIDS or Cancer victim.

J.

Guest ordonnanzgewehr

How can you tell if a politician is lying?:)

Ohh, you guys have heard this one already???:eek:

Well, here's the punch line anyway: Hir/Her lips are moving!:P

One of the Fords lie? Surely not. :)

Speaking of Fords... what's up with Ophelia? Saw her on the news last night, and she looks like she just escaped from a concentration camp. The reports said something about stomach ulcers, but she looked more like an AIDS or Cancer victim.

J.

Severe Alcoholism will lead to stomach ulcers and since she has been away in treatment for a long time, I wonder how those per diem checks are going to work out.

Great job re-electing this woman to public office Memphis. I know, I know, as long as it's a Ford you don't care.

Actually, Harold Ford, Jr's pro-gun stance was a concern among some Dems when he ran against Bob Corker a couple of years back. Many were "resigned" to support him since he would have been better than the alternative. Ford's record on guns over the years is mixed at best and it is certainly true that politicians "change their minds" etc, but Ford has certainly never been at the top of the list for the anti side. He's perceived in the mainstream Dem community in TN as a moderate. Dem activists (usually the most liberal group in the party) generally see him as "too conservative" for them.

As for the NRA, I saw the same thing as GregRN. I imagine it is an attempt on their part to create a sense of balance. "We've invited 50 white conservative speakers, so why don't we invite Harold Ford to balance things out?"

Hey, what's this in my pocket? Why, its a token!

Actually, Harold Ford, Jr's pro-gun stance was a concern among some Dems when he ran against Bob Corker a couple of years back. Many were "resigned" to support him since he would have been better than the alternative. Ford's record on guns over the years is mixed at best and it is certainly true that politicians "change their minds" etc, but Ford has certainly never been at the top of the list for the anti side. He's perceived in the mainstream Dem community in TN as a moderate. Dem activists (usually the most liberal group in the party) generally see him as "too conservative" for them.

As for the NRA, I saw the same thing as GregRN. I imagine it is an attempt on their part to create a sense of balance. "We've invited 50 white conservative speakers, so why don't we invite Harold Ford to balance things out?"

Um, isn't Harold Ford, Jr. White? Sure seems that way to me (when he wants to be that is.)

Guest SomeGuy

You are not familiar with his voting record, are you? Until he wanted to be a Senator he was rabidly anti-gun.

Don't believe me? Make sure to check the time stamps.

red_star.gif Harold Ford on Gun Control red_star.gif Click here for 5 full quotes on Gun Control OR background on Gun Control.

• Supports Second Amendment rights. (Jan 2006)
  • Voted YES on prohibiting product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers. (Oct 2005)
  • Voted YES on prohibiting suing gunmakers & sellers for gun misuse. (Apr 2003)
  • Voted NO on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1. (Jun 1999)
  • Rated F by the NRA, indicating a pro-gun control voting record. (Dec 2003)

http://www.ontheissues.org/House/Harold_Ford.htm#Gun_Control

More?

http://www.saysuncle.com/archives/2006/08/04/harold_ford_jr_on_guns/

The NRA is basically a 1-issue lobby (which is fine). They reach across the aisle all the time. Harry Reid is 100% rated by them.

I am sure the NRA would have been happy to get someone besides Harold Ford as a pro-gun Black Democrat here. They could easily have gotten..um..ah...yeah...him...um.

No, I can't think of any either.