Airports and Guns

Guest rtbarms

Guest rtbarms

can someone tell me the answer to the following question?

if an airport that is serviced by airlines or a business located on this airport's property does not have a "no guns" policy for all airport property than an employee (with a carry permit) that is on 'airport grounds' has the right to carry or keep a loaded firearm in their vehicle, correct?

what if the employee works inside an area that requires an airport issued gate pass to access a secure area? the secure area is not near the passenger terminals but far away. would a TSA or federal regulation take precedence? i'm not certain yet if the area accessed (via gate) is classified in the same category of 'secured area' that would be adjacent to an airline terminal.

thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boomhower

Even as airport personal, don't you still have to pass security? A more limited security, but still security of some type. Metal detectors, etc....

In TN non-secure areas of an airport are not off-limits unless the property is properly posted by the airport authority.

I don't' work at an airport, regularly travel through them or know much about TSA rules and regs, so take that into consideration, but I would think you would be prohibited from being armed in any secure area and/or area controlled by the TSA.

Guest rtbarms

no metal detectors in this case just a gate pass to a location just inside. if metal detectors required than every tom dick and harry (vendors, contractors, airport maintenance workers, etc.) would have to go through them everytime they drove in. this leads me to believe the area is classified differently than the area near the passenger terminals.

you would think that if it is a 'secure area' in the same class as the passenger terminal area (don't know this yet) and the tsa patrols it than it would be off limits but there seems to be no documented information available to confirm this. all tsa refers to in their gun laws is past the 'security checkpoint' or 'onboard the airplane'. i noticed a utah law that refers to this type of off-limits but nothing in other states.