Bersa

Shima

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GLOCKGUY
I've only heard good things about them... they are probably one of the most under-appreciated economy pistols on the market. The few I've fired functioned just fine.

i agree with molonlabetn they are sweet guns for the money :up:

Guest tim99ws6
Has anyone had any experience with the .45 ACP Bersa Thunder?

Awful is what i heard and saw from my buddies Bersa .45. It had a lot of FTF problems, and got to the point he sold it at bottom dollar just to get rid of it. I have heard the smaller bersa's are excellent though for the economy compact guns like the other poster's stated. Maybe it was just this guy's gun that was the problem, but I know I won't be picking up the .45 ACP anytime soon from Bersa!:up:

Awful is what i heard and saw from my buddies Bersa .45. It had a lot of FTF problems, and got to the point he sold it at bottom dollar just to get rid of it. I have heard the smaller bersa's are excellent though for the economy compact guns like the other poster's stated. Maybe it was just this guy's gun that was the problem, but I know I won't be picking up the .45 ACP anytime soon from Bersa!:up:

No, that jibes with what I have heard. The .380 Bersa Thunders are excellent guns, great value for the money and very dependable. The others are a different design and not nearly as good. I have the concealed carry .380 and really think a lot of it.

Guest tim99ws6
No, that jibes with what I have heard. The .380 Bersa Thunders are excellent guns, great value for the money and very dependable. The others are a different design and not nearly as good. I have the concealed carry .380 and really think a lot of it.

Yea, my buddy has the Bersa .380 "Special edition" or something. All i know is it's thug-life gold plated parts. Not really my thing, but it's his GF's carry gun, and she loves it. It's been hassle free so far.

Guest bulletproof

I've got a .380 Bersa Thunder and I love it. Only fired about 200 rds thru it but never had a jam. Shoots great. When I carry it, I load it with Hornady .380 HP. Gun, background check, one box of 50 .380 fmj and one box of 25 .380 HP was $303.00.

Forget the Bersa 45 UC. I just found the answer to my own question. It looks like the ultimate CCW hammer fired .45 auto is actually the CS45 made by none other than Smith & Wesson. I can't believe you guys didn't tell me about that one. You really let me down this time. Just kidding, but seriously, has anyone seen one in a Mid Tennessee shop lately? I wonder if the $50 rebate and 2 free mags apply to these guns like the Sigmas and M&Ps. Any ideas?

Guest DrBoomBoom
I have been thinking of buying a Bersa 380 for a CCW. What is the stopping power of the 380 versus the 9mm?

A .380, from what I've read, pushes from around 800 to 1,000 fps and penetrates ballistic gel from 4 to 12 inches depending on the ammo and the guns. A 9mm runs from 900 to 1,100 fps and penetrates ballistic gel from 12 to 24 inches depending on the ammo and gun. That's not "stopping power," though, stopping power has more to do with the shooter than the ammo or gun.

My wife has the Bersa Thunder .380, and I like it a lot. Very concealable, fits well in my hand for a small gun, very accurate.

Not crazy about it only holding 7 rounds, but that is just the design of the gun. 7 rounds is way better than 5 knuckles.

The only problem I ever had with it, sometimes the action returns to the ready to fire position after the last round is shot. Normally it stays in the locked back position like it should, but every once in a while it slides back. Not a big deal, but the gun goes "click" instead of "bang" and then you have to check it. Probably happend twice in 400 rounds.

Guest BMcCoy

I've got a Thnder .380 and I love it. The only problem I have with it, is since ammo prices are going up, it is almost as expensive to shoot as a .45.

Ben

I had a bersa thunder .380 bought new back in 1997-1998 was the all stainless one (don't think they offer it any more). The one my friend had shot great so I bought one. Never shot much, put about 1 clip through it new and it sat for years. Wasn't rusty at all, no corrosion or anything I could find, but for some reason it wouldn't strip the first shell out of the mag right. Once you forced the slide closed and fired it would empty a whole mag, but hand cocking and releasing the slide it wouldn't do it about 70% of the time. Totally unreliable as a carry gun for that reason. I sold it for bottom dollar. Only thing I could think of was maybe a weakened spring but it was not stored open or anything that would have done that so???? Maybe a lemon that tested fine new???? anyway I may try one later on but I'm not a big fan of bersa for that reason. Fits the hand nice though.

Brandon

I have a Bersa Thunder .380 (my wife's), and we both love it. It is a great deal for the price. My dad also has one, (I used his for my permit class 4 back in 04) and it works flawlessly also. Good friend of mine also has one for his wife and no complaints from them either. It is in my opinion a great little gun, and I even carry it in the summer time, "Mexican style" in my shorts.