Strobe Flashlight

Guest RichieRich

Guest RichieRich

Carrying a lot now, realizing I need to have a good flashlight with me too in the dark. I've tried a few and found one that's got a nice immediate momentary high switch at a good price:

Amazon.com: Nu-Flare 77R92L Ultrabright Luxeon LED Aluminum Flashlight, Gumetal, 210 Lumens: Home Improvement

What I'm looking for is one that comes on, either momentary or first click (ideally both) with STROBE. I think it has good distraction value, and strobe illuminates pretty well.

All of the strobe flashlights I've found online go into strobe after a couple or more clicks--I'd rather not be clicking away.

Does anyone know if such a thing exists?

Thanks.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lester Weevils

Some of the flashlights have arcane button-pushes or rotating switches to set modes. Not exactly user-friendly.

Fenix makes a few flashlights with a dual-button system on the handle behind the light head, that are pretty straightforward. I have a TK-45 about the size of a 2-D flashlight that is pretty bright with that two button system.

Right button is on/off. In addition, it is easy to remember to double-click the right button to strobe. Left button selects light intensity. That one is near 800 lumens, and Fenix makes a couple of bigger brighter lights with that same two button system. In an emergency I could maybe remember how to strobe that one pretty quick. It is easy to recall how it works.

Have a smaller "pocket size" Fenix TK-15, a 2 CR123 light near 300 lumens. It has a nice momentary/on/off tailswitch and a mode button behind the light head.

If the light is on, you can push the mode button behind the light head to change brightness. If you hold-down the mode button behind the light head, it goes to strobe.

If a person had sufficient finger dexterity, he could hold the light in a defensive posturewith thumb on clicky switch and little finger on the mode button. If a person could reliably hold the mode button with the little finger and then click on the light with the thumb, then it would turn on in strobe mode. It is not likely that I could reliably do that in an emergncy.

Some of the other Fenix pocket sized flashlights have less intuitive ways to set the brightness and strobe. I got the TK-15 because it seemed more intuitive and quicker than some of the other near-identical Fenix lights with secret button sequences or rotating rings.

Do you mean this?

stinger-led-hp_enlarged.jpg

That's the High Output Stinger, awesome light for the money.

You can also go with the regular Stinger, little less lumens but still an awesome light. It's what I use on duty. It can also be had in a dual switch variety, side switch and tailcap switch. They are both momentary on, or push all the way down and it stays on. Double click either switch for strobe. A regular Stinger will run your approx $80-$100 depending where you purchase it.