Kahr guns

Guest killemducks

Guest killemducks

Really like the pm series of these guns. Or the Mk series. You guys have any comments on the PM 40, PM 9 or the newer PM45? Thanks!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a PM9 and really like it, it is in my pocket most of the time, with or without my primary carry sidearm...I have recently bought a CW40 and so far I am pretty happy with it as well. It still needs a little more breaking in but I think it is gonna be fine for regular carry soon, I have a comptac minotaur on order for it now.

Guest cdsusong

I carry the CW9 myself. It is compact enough and not uncomfortable. I have shot around 3 to 400 through it and I have had no issues what so ever. I believe the PM9 is the same size just a few more bells and whistles? Also I believe the price is about $100 more? I basically stole mine for $299 brand new. It was one of the first Kahrs that this particular gun shop had received and as the guy behind the counter said, they really didn't know anything about them. All around the CW9 works great and I would recommend it to anyone.

Guest kwikrnu

I have a p9 that I bought several years ago. It is a good little gun. Never had a misfire or jam ever. Nice and slim. I'd like to have a pm9, but it really isn't all that much smaller and I think it would be a little more difficult to shoot with big hands and probably not as accurate.

Guest canynracer

I have the CW40....I LOVE it...I have about 700 through it...break in period on the CW series is pretty rough, but once you break it in (bout 350rds) it is awesome!!!

The CW has fixed sights, and comes with one 6rd mag (7 total)....oh, then it is $200.00 cheaper for the CW series...

it is very lightweight, very easy to conceal and thin....I also have a M&P 40c that I carry...I switch between the two depending on what I am wearing. The CW40 is perfect for t-shirt and pants/shorts...it is very light even fully loaded.

Of course, this is not my range gun, being so light it tends to have a little more recoil, but nothing terrible by any means.

anyway, hope that helps a little. I am not sure you will find many negatives on the Kahr....

Guest killemducks

Thanks guys. Canynracer, what is your setup for carrying with shorts and tshirts? Holster, in the pocket...??

I haven't got my permit yet, but it is on my short list of things to get done.

Any recs. on a good gunshop in west Tn to purchase one?

Bill

Guest TNDixieGirl

I purchased the CW9 at Brighton Arms and it came with a 7 round mag (8 total). I've fired about 500 rounds through it and have had no issues whatsoever. I'd recommend it. I carry mine IWB very easily.

Edited by TNDixieGirl
Guest smcross9

I carry a P9 is conceals very easy, has an extra round. There's not much differnce in size between the P9 and PM9 and you'll get a much more accurate gun. I've put about 1000 rounds thru mine with only one failure to feed while shooting reloads. I carry it everywhere.

Guest canynracer
Thanks guys. Canynracer, what is your setup for carrying with shorts and tshirts? Holster, in the pocket...??

I haven't got my permit yet, but it is on my short list of things to get done.

Any recs. on a good gunshop in west Tn to purchase one?

Bill

I carry IWB using this holster

Galco Waistband IWB Holster GalcoWaistbandIWBFULL.gif

I also have one for when I wear a belt...I can clip this on my running pants/shorts (drawstring) and it does not drag down at all....

When I DO wear a belt for OWB carry:

GalcoQuickSlidesmall.jpg

but mine is black.

I dont know where Bells, TN is...but if its close to Memphis, RangeUSA can order you one...I THINK its about 420 or so, out the door (You can call them for a OTD quote....) and it only takes a couple days to get it in...

if you are near Nashville, I would say stop by and see The Rabbi...

Edited by canynracer
Guest .45Jon
I purchased the CW9. I've fired about 500 rounds through it and have had no issues whatsoever. I'd recommend it. I carry mine IWB very easily.

Same here....I thought about the PM45 but couldnt find one with a decent price tag at the time....most all the Kahrs are nice carry guns IMO