Shooting injures one outside popular Midtown restaurant

http://www.kltv.com/story/16435371/shooting-injures-one-outside-popular-midtown-restaurant?clienttype=printable

MEMPHIS, TN - (WMC-TV) - Just after 3 o'clock Tuesday morning a man was shot outside a popular Cooper-Young restaurant and the entire scene was caught by surveillance cameras.

Dustin Schilds and Alex Pinkington were returning to their car when they were approached by three other men in the parking lot.

A disagreement ensued as a nearby surveillance camera rolled, even capturing the scene as one of the men pulled a gun on Schilds and repeatedly demanded money from him in a violent, attempted armed robbery.

Schilds repeatedly refused and was eventually shot once in the hip. However, that didn't keep him from trying to chase down the suspects.

Shot and bleeding, but unfazed and apparently unfrightened, Schilds can be seen on the surveillance tape advancing on the shooter and his two buddies. The three men were able to get away. They jumped in a large, dark-colored SUV and sped away.

Schilds was taken to the MED but has since been released.

The robbers got away with nothing, but police are searching for four men whose capture Will help bring more peace of mind to a nightspot and neighborhood already known for laid back vibes.

Copyright 2011 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.

I cant decie if this guy is crazy as he**, stupid or has gonads so big they hang to his ankles. I am also wondering if the restaurant is a gun free dining place. There is a video at the link also.

Edited by Tnscooter63
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing good happens at that hour. Doesn't really matter if the joint was posted; most folks who carry are not going to be at a bar at 3am.

Cooper Young is a nice, white, mostly liberal, gentrified area surrounded by the ghetto. It's had its share of violent crime over the years.

The video is actually pretty interesting from a tactics and training standpoint. Makes you see what it can really be like out on the streets.

"The video is actually pretty interesting from a tactics and training standpoint. Makes you see what it can really be like out on the streets. "

I thought the same but I am not quite as big as him and they might have tried to tackle me before I could draw without the proper retreat but I think they knew they wouldnt tackle him easily...

Guest nicemac
Nothing good happens at that hour. Doesn't really matter if the joint was posted; most folks who carry are not going to be at a bar at 3am.

This.

Guest 270win

It is not a good idea to be in Cooper Young on the street that late at night, or really anywhere in Memphis. It is a good idea to always have a gun when in Memphis.

Guest Geigeroo

When he found out he was shot he ran back into "the deli" and asked if it was too late to get another beer... He did an interview on a different channel, I'll see if I can find it. He was pretty ballsy but also really stupid...