Ammo cans

Guest Doindonuts

Guest Doindonuts

Does anyone have a good source for nice ammo cans in the Knoxville area that they would like to share? There are several online resources, but the shipping ends up killing any deal you find. Thanks in advance :up:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an Army Surplus store in Fountain City. I bought a bunch of them from there last year. I can't quote prices but it was very reasonable and they were all in great shape. He has all different sizes of them I believe.

It is called Cherokee Military Surplus. It is in a little strip mall on Broadway. I looked it up for you. Address is 5014 N. Broadway. ph # 688-1830.

It sits next to a Maytag Store that is right on the street. Easy enough to find even for someone from Marvull. LOL

Guest Doindonuts

Hey, I resemble that remark! That's what GPS is for anyway isn't it?

Many thanks Mike, I will check them out.

I had lost hope in surplus stores as the last few I've visited had great deals on cans as long as you were looking for rust colored ones for $10. lol

A few months ago, I went to the Cherokee Surplus in Fountain City that Mike mentioned. The prices were very good, in fact I was surprised. For the small ones (not sure of the size) they were about $9 for three of 'em. For the larger (.556 I think) they were about $15 for three. Don't quote me on the price, I'm going by my really bad memory, but that is a close ballpark.

He had a bunch of them there, most in excellent condition.

He also carries the real MRE's, but was out of them when I was there. If you go by his shop, please ask if he has any in yet, and let me know.

Guest abailey362

a little out of the way for you, but I'll put it up anyways. I got a few from the surplus store in mont eagle off 24 this weekend. $5 for 200 rd 7.62 and $6 for 1200 rd 5.56. perfect condition (looked unissued) and no rust, seal still holds strong

Does anyone have a good source for nice ammo cans in the Knoxville area that they would like to share? There are several online resources, but the shipping ends up killing any deal you find. Thanks in advance :eek:

I've always had good luck finding unissued ammo cans for under $3 at the local gun shows. I think there may be a show in Knoxville this upcoming weekend.

Guest Spuds

If you are buying in quantity, try this guy as he's cheaper than any price mentioned if buying 10+. He is usually at the Knoxville shows, but I'm not 100% certain he will be there this weekend. Russ @ Hensley Gate & Equipment, (423) 293-0119 .