Music City Shootout II

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We are approx 1 month out from the GSSF match. Hope to see for TN people there besides the match workers. Love to see only TN people win all the divisions. To register for the event: www.gssfonline.com or it can be down at the event. We will have an onsite food vendor cooking fresh hot food for your convenience.

For all those that expressed interest in the match, the workers will automatically be in a drawing for winning FREE firearms and some other shooting related items.

Thank you in advance for all of your hard work ahead!

• 2 weeks later...

It's TIME(as Bruce Buffer says). The GSSF match is May 19th and 20th. Come early or late, we are there all day on both days. Please do not let the traveling GSSF that are out of state beat us TN shooters.

Great match for new shooters to see what is going on. Also to get acquainted with the range and meet the guys that make these matches go.

No drawing or reloading on the clock. But still challenging for regular shooters.

Like Hognut said this match is running all day long. It does not have a start time like a regular match. Show up any time and get started.

Registration will run Saturday 9am till 3pm, and Sunday 9am till 2 pm. Bring 100 rounds per entry and a holster or just a range or gun bag. Or your "Glock Box"

And of course eye and ear protection.

New Competitor Brief. Click Here

I look forward to see a bunch of TGO guys and girls there. :wave:

Requirements for the match:

1. Join GSSF(this can be done online at www.gssfonline.com or at the match).

2. Must shoot a Glock firearm.

3. Be safe at all times. No handling of the firearm in anyway on the range unless directed by the safety officer or in the safe area. No ammo in the safe area.

4. Bring eye and ear protection at all times.

5. Each entry requires a separate match fee.

Let's be real. Most of us on TGO do own a Glock.

Benefits of joining GSSF:

1. Joining GSSF match allows you to participate in any of the GSSF matches you wish. You also will be in a weapon drawing for new members if you do it at the match.

2. You can shoot multiple entries depending on the models of Glocks you own.

3. No other gun manfacture puts on these types of events.

4. This is a match based on accuracy. No movement or reloads on the clock. There will be people with disabilities there and this is really the only type of event where they can participate(the other is bullseye or benchrest).

5. You will receive a package detailing how you can purchase a Glock firearm each year at a discounted price. Guns n Leather is your local distributor for GSSF guns.

6. This is a match designed for the new shooters(so bring your spouse or kids), physically challenged, and experienced shooters.

Disadvantages of GSSF(at least in our 1st event):

1. Most of the TN people at the Music City Shootout I were workers of the match. We had 197 entries and most of the divisions were won by out of staters.

2. Other people see you shooting. That is biggest fear with most shooters.

I may be missing some things as I am getting old and challenged lately. Hope to see you there. If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at President@mctsclub.com.

Forgot to mention: There will be a warm up bay that will have 10 steel challenge targets, a dueling tree, (2) Full size IPSC targets, (3) 28 inch auto-resetting poppers, mini poppers and some precision hostage targets.

The warm up stage will be 2.00 per magazine regardless of the magazine capacity.

Benefits of joining GSSF:

1. Joining GSSF match allows you to participate in any of the GSSF matches you wish. You also will be in a weapon drawing for new members if you do it at the match.

So, I am better off waiting until the match to register? :)

Forgot to mention: There will be a warm up bay that will have 10 steel challenge targets, a dueling tree, (2) Full size IPSC targets, (3) 28 inch auto-resetting poppers, mini poppers and some precision hostage targets.

The warm up stage will be 2.00 per magazine regardless of the magazine capacity.

If your are looking for me; I'll be shooting the warm up stage. ;)

For all those that expressed interest in the match, the workers will automatically be in a drawing for winning FREE firearms and some other shooting related items.

Thank you in advance for all of your hard work ahead!

You still need RO's for the match? I could sure use another Glock, maybe a 36 this time. I'll be shooting the one I won last year at the match :)

Edited by BigK

At this point, we have enough SOs working. Some dropped out but planned for that when originally taking names. Love to see you there. It has been a while since you were on the range. I will make sure I see you on the range. I will be busy working with the disabled shooters coming to the match. This is one of the few matches that they can participate in. Looking forward to the event.

I got the help on Friday. The Prece brothers, Bob Gallagher, and myself will be doing the setup on Friday. Waiting on word back from Glock on # of setups needed (Monday afternoon) and then I will send out bay assignments.

Don't get in trouble John. If you can, I could use some extra help on the warm up stage.

The onsite food vendor is set. Pig n Chick will provide freshly cooked food for the Music City Shootout II. They will have burgers, polish sausage, cucumber salad, potatoe salad, cookies, drinks, etc. The price is $6.00 per plate. They did our IDPA event this past November(Music City Cup I) and the food was absolutely fabulous. You will not find better food at such a low price. They will be serving lunch from 11 am to 2 pm on both Saturday and Sunday.

Please come out enjoy a great day of shooting(weather will be great), nice friends, new acquaintances, and great food. You can register online at www.gssfonline.com or at the event. Registration is open from 9am to 3pm both days. Glock gave away 10 firearms last year at the event plus money. Prizes are based on performance and at random drawing. Youth, ladies, and new members also have a special drawing each.

Hope to see you there!

Thank you Greg. Things may not be as smooth, I forgot the water coolers again. I will bring some of the 7 gallon water jugs and pick up some more ice. 242 total entries thus far with more than half of the workers not shot yet. I think we can get 300 or more. Pig n Chick did a GREAT job with the meals today. There is no better food in the area. Mind you that $6.00 is very inexpensive for hamburger w/ fixings or polish sausage, homemade baked beans, potato salad, cucumber salad, cookies and sweet/un-sweet tea. The food is worth double. They will be back tomorrow. Please help out a local shop by grabbing a bit on the range. They worked hard!