CZ 52

Guest mikedwood

Guest mikedwood

I got a CZ 52 and about 1,200 rounds of 7.62x.25 ammo at the gun show last weekend. I thought I got a good deal but the gun has some issues. I ordered the new trigger spring and it seems to work OK now. Was the last gun truly on my wish-list.

Anyone know anything about these guns? A website to make sure I did it correctly? Or something? I can only get about 1/2 out of the schematics on it where the springs are involved, and which way and such.

Also the pins keep falling out. How do I get them to stay in? Is that with a rolled punch? I got one the other day and the new pins and springs came in today.

If I get this one working it will be nice.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freaking awesome guns. Make sure you clean the barrel after every time shooting so it doesnt get corroded with that surplus ammo. Also its a definite NO-DRY FIRE gun. the firing pin is very weak on them. Awesome gun though will shoot through almost anything and makes a very satisfying BOOM. Also quite accurate.

Guest mikedwood

Wow! I was kind of scared considering the age of the gun and the fact it fell apart when I got it. And I was the one who put it back together, with some new parts. Thanks for the links MW.

I got it together and took it to Gunny's and ran about 60 rounds threw it. I love this gun! It is awesome. Hardly any recoil at all. The surlpus ammo I had fired every shot. I have 1,200 more rounds. I caused it to jamb a couple of times but that was my fault I think.

What a fun super accurate gun. Once I learn how this thing is sighted in exactly, it's a shooter. Oh it's exciting.

Shooting wise it's more like my Springfield .45 than the 9mm. For around $200 for the gun and still $100 or so for 1,000 rounds of ammo I'd say the CZ 52 is the best gun value out there right now, by very far.

Maybe I'll wake up soon, still very excited to have fixed it and shot it and it work well. Still have on my foggle glasses.

Guest mikedwood

Shot mine again today but it broke! The hammer follows the slide back sometimes before the trigger is pulled, but it didnt double fire (yet). I gotta fix that. I think I bet it's another spring or the seer pin.

It was still fun shooting and the guy next to me was shooting his 45 and then he asked what I was shooting. I was so out louding him.

Guest c_o_jones

Mine came in yesterday, and I picked it up today.

I shot it at twilight for maximum flame-throwing goodness!

I love my CZ52! :D

Guest mikedwood
Hmmmm...now if only there were a way to make it full auto..... ;-D

Phantom6 saw my CZ52 and actually got me scared that might happen. I'd hate to do 10 hard years or whatever it is because I had a cool 50 year old gun.

Grats on the new one and I love the built in flame thrower feature.

Guest 70below

Congrats on the new pistol Mike, I've got one of those on my wish list too. I've already got a couple cans of ammo, maybe if you're interested we can trade 50 or 60 rds of ammo to try something different. As soon as I get back in town I'm going to order my CZ while they're on sale. Sounds like it would be a good idea to order an armorers kit too, even though they cost as much as the pistol...lol.

Guest mikedwood
Congrats on the new pistol Mike, I've got one of those on my wish list too. I've already got a couple cans of ammo, maybe if you're interested we can trade 50 or 60 rds of ammo to try something different. As soon as I get back in town I'm going to order my CZ while they're on sale. Sounds like it would be a good idea to order an armorers kit too, even though they cost as much as the pistol...lol.

Sure, I have a can of surplus ammo and a few plastic bags of surplus in 72 rounds per pack, no 2 packs shoot the same even though they are.

I gotta get mine fixed. So I'd be interested in going in with you on the armorers kit if you want, I would like to completely rebuild it and hopefully not worry about anything but shooting it often. If it's the kit I'm thinking of it has 5 pretty complete rebuld kits in it.

It's a super fun gun to shoot, it's the most fun of all mine.

Guest 70below

I'll look into getting an armorers kit when I order my pistol and get some specifics on it. Did you get your CZ from a dealer at the gun show? Sometimes they'll stand behind the stuff they sold if they're reputable at all. Even on some of the C&R stuff. What country of manufacture, year range, is your ammo? I think mine is mid-50's bulgarian.

Guest mikedwood

Here is the best info I found on the armorers kit. I'm not saying get it here but they did list the contents which is hard to find.

Product ID: KI1054

CZ52 Pistol Armorer Kit

Details & Associated Product Family

Includes 32 separate items, including: 2 magazines,

1 barrel, 1 mag catch, 2 extractors, 1 sear, 2 mag floor plates, 2 ejectors, 10 hammer strut pivot pins, 10 recoil springs, 3 hold open catches, 2 takedown latch springs, 2 firing pin retainer locks, 4 sear springs, 20 trigger springs, 2 ejector springs, 20 roller cam locks, 2 trigger pins, 1 grip set (w/tool), 4 grip retaining clips, 1 hammer strut, 2 roller cams, 3 rear sights, 5 firing pins, 2 firing pin retainer springs, 5 take down pin nuts, 5 hammer springs, 4 hold open catch springs, 2 takedown catch pins, 4 hammer pivot pins, 10 extractor pins, and 10 trigger bar link pins. Condition: Good

Price: $205.95

That's not the deal I thought it was. You can get the internals on gun broker for 1 whole gun for about $40 to $50 no barrel. I think the main issue with them is the firing pin that's about $30 shipped for the new better steel ones, the original ones are suppose to be super brittle, if you have that problem they say order a new steel one. On mine the main issues are springs and pins all the other parts are pretty good really, Your new one may have no problem at all, but I have read over and over get an extra firing pin.

The guy I got mine from was a holster mag guy and took it in on a trade I think. No warranty.

My 800 round tin is suppose to be 80s and I think the plastic packs are 70's or 80's. Get yours and I'll get mine fixed and we can shoot um up!

Time for a CZ 52 party! ;-D Since we are all so close by. We should go out somewhere with some "hard" targets and do penetration tests. I know it will completely bust through a computer hard drive lol. My CZ is pretty much immaculate and un refinished so I only shoot the "high dollar" S & B through her. I have some surplus I will give to whoever wants it...bout 50rds that came with the gun. I wish someone made a rifle that shot those rounds.

Guest mikedwood

When I get mine fixed I'll do it. I have been dying to try, I'll see if I can round up some metal stuff. Those rounds are suppose to be pretty hot :up: