How much interest in water filters?

I have a friend that bought a couple of these ceramic filters a while back. http://www.cheaperth.../CAMP352-1.html They were also mentioned in another recent post.

I checked out the manufacturer's website and thought I might like to buy and resell them locally. Mostly for something interesting to do and to make a little extra cash. Unfortunately, they have a minimum purchase requirement for distributors. So, before I lay out the capital, I figured I should get an idea of what kind of interest there might be in this area for these filters.

I would mostly be setting up at Knoxville gun shows and posting on Craigslist, but I may also become an advertiser on this forum, depending.

So, check out the website and please give me your feedback. http://www.justwater.me/

I would like to offer the portable bottle and backpack filters, too. Perhaps even primarily, because as mentioned in the other thread, bucket filters can be made at home.

Thanks,

Will

P.S. I want to make it clear that I am not soliciting orders right now. I am simply trying to find out if there would be enough interest to justify they effort. Though judging by the response so far, I'm beginning to doubt that there is. :confused:

Edited by Clod Stomper
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of the problem would be people like me who don't live near Knoxville and thus would have to pay shipping. So unless you can beat the price and/or shipping costs of say Cheaper Than Dirt (who is a retailer of those filters) we would have to pay a premium to get them from you.

My advice would be to crunch the numbers, get a few pre-orders from folks here and hit up friends and family etc and then decide if you are willing to have the remaining inventory on hand. As long as they don't go bad, keep them on Craigslist and try to sell them to fellow vendors at gun shows etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate the feedback.

I do realize that I can't compete with Cheaper Than Dirt. That's why I'll probably keep it within driving distance and local gun shows. Of course I would be happy to ship to anyone if that's what they wanted.

I may put this project on hiatus for a while as I save up the cash.

I'll let everyone here know when I start selling.

Thanks,

Will