Walther Model 5 barrel bushing search

I've got a circa 1913ish Walther Model 5 in 90% shape. Used to be my grandfathers and has been passed down for for years though the men in the family. It was fired in late 02' after I had a "smith" go over it for my father and deeming it safe for firing and now, since it's mine I want to shoot it again. The only thing keeping it from firing again is the barell bushing that has apperantly been misplaced or lost. I've searched the net with 30 or so emails, been on the Walther forums with those guys trying to point me in the direction of one and 3 weeks, 35 or so phone calles and 20 or so emails, I'm still empty handed. The closest I have gotten so far is from Earl's Repair Service, Inc. They replied:

Dear Sir,

We represent Carl Walther GmbH directly from Germany. We have all spare parts / pistols as you can see and order on our website: www.carlwalther.com or give us a call. All of our products come from Germany, and yes we normally have everything in stock.

The Factory 100% German Walther Modell 5 spare part (barrel bushing) is out of stock. Sorry.

Sincerely, Earl

Earl J. Sheehan

Earl's Repair Service, Inc.

437® Chandler Street

Tewksbury, MA. 01876

978-851-2656 phone

978-851-9462 fax

www.korthusa.com

info@korthusa.com

They have no idea when they would IF they would ever get one in again. Depends on the manufacture. My only hope is finding a used one somewhere.........so does anyone have any ideas??

Anyone here know a guy who might know a guy who may have one they would sell? I'm prepared to scour the ends of the earth for this item as I'd love to pass it on to my kids some day in perfect working order. I would even be willing to "compensate" someone for their time searching or helping me locate one

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic