need help with Ruger Mklll 22/45 reassembly

What difference does it make as long as it gets your gun put back together.

None, just saying anyone can make a process look good on video. And they are helpful, so it is great that they make the vids. But if there were a 100% working trick to get that idiotic hammer spring dangle to land in the spring cup while having the "holds the whole gun together" rod slip neatly into place, someone would have mentioned it already. There is not, it takes a few tries. The videos do not reflect the multiple attempts required to get that stuff to align, but they do an excellent job of illustrating how easy it is on the attempt that actually works, when everything finally just plops into place without a fuss.

By the way, is the gun in question assembled yet?

I am happy to report that with the aid of a friend from Alamo TN I GOT THE PISTOL BACK TOGETHER IN WORKING ORDER !!!!

Gaylon said I was performing all the steps right / just wasn't holding my mouth right .... ha

It'll be a long while before I take it down again ...

None, just saying anyone can make a process look good on video. And they are helpful, so it is great that they make the vids. But if there were a 100% working trick to get that idiotic hammer spring dangle to land in the spring cup while having the "holds the whole gun together" rod slip neatly into place, someone would have mentioned it already. There is not, it takes a few tries. The videos do not reflect the multiple attempts required to get that stuff to align, but they do an excellent job of illustrating how easy it is on the attempt that actually works, when everything finally just plops into place without a fuss.

By the way, is the gun in question assembled yet?

I'll do my best to film and post myself doing it this weekend. I only have an iphone for a camera and I have no video editing software so it will be all one take.

I am happy to report that with the aid of a friend from Alamo TN I GOT THE PISTOL BACK TOGETHER IN WORKING ORDER !!!!

Gaylon said I was performing all the steps right / just wasn't holding my mouth right .... ha

It'll be a long while before I take it down again ...

Congrats. Once you get past the first time, it gets easier because you realize how everything is supposed to line up. In the meantime, some CLP is your friend.

Of course it looked easy. I can do that too.

"OK, ruger assembly, take 47, in 3, 2, 1, action!"

1911 is worse for me. Curse whoever said a tight bushing was better.

This was one take. I did it once before we shot so that my buddy knew what I was trying to do. I just realized that you couldn't completely see the hammer strut. I'll try this again one day with a real camera instead of my phone.

• Like 1

This was one take. I did it once before we shot so that my buddy knew what I was trying to do. I just realized that you couldn't completely see the hammer strut. I'll try this again one day with a real camera instead of my phone.

Thanks for this. I really need to get rid of my magazine disconnect for my Mark III hunter. I've disassembled mine maybe 15 times now, and its not too much of a problem (usually), but it would be that much more convenient to not have to put the mag in and take it out at different times during the process.

I didn't get anything fancy for mine. I just ordered a stock Mark II hammer bushing and installed that. It didn't do anything to help the trigger but that wasn't my goal. And it only cost me like 5 bucks.

As for reassembly, the key is the hammer strut. As long as you get the hammer strut into the mainspring, everything is easy.

I didn't get anything fancy for mine. I just ordered a stock Mark II hammer bushing and installed that. It didn't do anything to help the trigger but that wasn't my goal. And it only cost me like 5 bucks.

As for reassembly, the key is the hammer strut. As long as you get the hammer strut into the mainspring, everything is easy.

This. Nice video. I tried it again and still cannot align them on the first try, guess its just me. I end up having to rack the slide, pull the trigger, and tilt the gun every which way to finally get it. Doing it upside down helps, though. Its a bit aggravating for me there too, as I have a glass window type red dot and have to constantly avoid grabbing it or banging in the process.

Edited by Jonnin