My addiction New Mosin

Just did the at home trigger job on one of the Mosins, Holy crap it was like getting a totally different gun. I will get a pull meter and see what the difference is. It also feels like a 2 stage, the mod got rid of all the pre travel wiggle and made it a lot smoother of a trigger. Best part is it took 5 mins to do it, and I had the parts on hand so it was free.

Edited by Lions Fan
Guest rebeldrummer

thats one good looking BUBBA you got there Outlaw......

(( I hear the purists crying now.....im a little watery!! ha ha ha ))

thats one good looking BUBBA you got there Outlaw......

(( I hear the purists crying now.....im a little watery!! ha ha ha ))

Wait until you see my bubba'ing of one of my Mosins, you will cry, and the purists will hunt me down.
Guest rebeldrummer

One of the things you have to do with a Mosin, sorry purists.

its not a HAVE to, its a WANT to.....

i have 5 now...none of which will be BUBBA'd.

Maybe if I were given an 43 or 44 Izzy than I would consider it??? MAYBE!!!!

its not a HAVE to, its a WANT to.....

i have 5 now...none of which will be BUBBA'd.

Maybe if I were given an 43 or 44 Izzy than I would consider it??? MAYBE!!!!

To those of us who love designing firearms and gunsmithing, it is a must. Lol.
  • 6 months later...
I couldn't bring myself to bubba one that hadn't been, so I picked one up that had already been spraypainted and had a nylon stock.
I am in the process of making it desert tan tactical. Pictures to come.

And, I think I'll try this trigger mod. The beauty of that is that it doesn't alter the gun. Love it! You can just pull those two parts back out and sell it to the purists!
Looks good. I only have one Mosin-Nagant and will likely be leaving it more or less alone. I say 'more or less' because a look inside the receiver reveals that it is an ex-sniper so if I ever have the extra cash laying around to have the bolt bent and the mounting holes re-tapped then I might put it back into historical sniper trim.

That said, I don't have any real opposition to the idea of sporterizing a Mosin. To me, getting upset because someone "Bubba'd" a Mosin Nagant because they have 'messed up' an historic firearm is like being offended that someone did a chop top conversion on a 1973 Ford Pinto because they have 'messed up' an historic automobile. Honestly, it isn't a big deal.

I don't know that I would fool with sporterizing one because I already have one or two 'factory' hunting rifles in the same power class. Still, if I came across a great deal on a 'beater' Mosin, it would be hard to pass up doing a "Bubba'd" Mosin just for the fun of the project. Edited by JAB
Lookin good, I've come to really like the Nagants, so much so that I've gone from none to three and still wouldn't mind a few more. Maybe a bubba and thinking a lot about picking up a bullpup conversion kit just to have something different as well.

That's a pretty beefy looking scope you got there, it came with it?
[quote name='TrickyNicky' timestamp='1352178199' post='839883']
Lookin good, I've come to really like the Nagants, so much so that I've gone from none to three and still wouldn't mind a few more. Maybe a bubba and thinking a lot about picking up a bullpup conversion kit just to have something different as well.

That's a pretty beefy looking scope you got there, it came with it?
[/quote] thanks and yes it came with it and 100 rounds of brass ammo for 150$