Len: Give us a NRA Convention report please

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was certainly plenty of stuff to be had, that's for sure. But for the give aways, folks had to get there early, most of it was gone pretty quick.

Several companies including Beretta had some great deals on clothing as well, especially on Sunday. I tried to get a new vest for clay shooting, it was 60% off, but alas they had nothing in the vest I wanted for left handers.

There were over 2700 booths, at least 2 days to go through it all. I still don't think I saw every booth there.

The speaking events were great, very impressive speakers at the Leadership Forum on Friday, including Marcus Luttrell's story. Glenn Beck's speech on Saturday night was excellent, even better personally than I expected.

Ollie North and Ted Nugent both had seminars and book signings, every time I passed both there were long lines.

I know Len attended the Sportsman's luncheon, because I said hello, but I didn't get to stay so he'll have to fill you in on that events details and all of his goings-on. A friend of mine attended the firearms law seminar and said he got a great deal of insight in it. There were also tons of other events going on during the week. They were all invigorating and what better way to spend a week than hanging out with 70 thousand gun lovers; shooters, hunters, 2nd amendment fans, etc.

If my wife didn't wake me up today at 6am to help her with the kids I might have slept for the next 2 days.