AAC 51t Blackout...

Also, looking at your pictures, your FH is fine. It does not need to be timed. If you want it timed, get the proper shims for it. What that guy did was torque down and not pay attention to what he was doing.....wrench slipped and rounded the flat. Be glad he didn't screw up your teeth.
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get mine from SureFire. But a quick google gave me this : [url="http://www.nokick.com/PWS_5_8_Shim_Kit_p/pws%20shim%205-fslash-8.htm"]http://www.nokick.com/PWS_5_8_Shim_Kit_p/pws%20shim%205-fslash-8.htm[/url]

A competent gunsmith will have them.....and I stress competent Black Rifle gunsmith. Just because a dude is awesome at 700's or 1911's [i][u]does not[/u][/i] equal AR15.

But really, this is easily a job you can do. The thing with these particular FH's, they don't need to be timed. That is purely an individual quirk......but since you want it done, you have two options:
1) Get some shims and do it yourself. SureFire has a neat little wheel chart that shows the thickness of the shims you'll need based on where the muzzle device hand tightens to. Google should find it.
2) Send it to a competent AR15 shop. Marvin Pitts of Nefarious Arms in AR is my first choice and then I would say ADCO. They will be able to install it to your preference and then make it permanent.

I was reluctant to do this stuff at first too. I had some SF brakes and those need to be timed. I was overly worried about it w/ my suppressor and didn't want to mess anything up. Luckily Wes Grant (MSTN) invited me over to his house and walked me through the process. It really is simple to do once you get the hang of it.

you don't time flash hiders (especially 3 prongs) since it doesn't matter. Shim kits are made for muzzle brakes to time the port correctly. For muzzle brakes you can normally get a free shim kit and rockset from Cade Patterson. Don't tell him i gave you his e-mail though :ugh:
[color=#555555][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]cade@advanced-armament.com[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#555555][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Its worth a shot anyways to email him for his opinion on your flash hider. Just let him know you would like a shim kit for 5.56. How did you want to time the flash hider anyways? If you are going to add a suppressor you NEED rockset.[/size][/font][/color]