Airport Confiscations (Interesting Ebay)

GlockSpock

I am curious about the tools confiscation. I had to throw away a pair of mini channel locks away in BNA one time that flew here in my carryon bag. I was living in Austin Tx at the time. I don't mind throwing something away as bad as someone taking it home with them. The pliers were a slip on my part but they should not get to keep.

JTM
Sent from my iPhone
[quote name='Chucktshoes' timestamp='1354209289' post='852461']

You don't have the option to leave. Once you start the security screening, you have to complete it or face arrest.
[/quote]

You of course have the option of leaving. You have to complete the screening process first but completing the process and surrendering your property are two very different things. You can and many people have, complete the screening, and have your property returned if you leave.

I think it is funny the items being sold. Last time I flew, I had one of those key chain knives, hemostats, sutures, stainless suture scissors, a needle driver, pickups, and a stethoscope. They did not look twice at my bag; no questions, no search. Contrast that to my 80 year old grandmother that was getting on a return flight from Florida. She had a tiny little knife on her key chain that was given to her by my grandfather before he died. The blade was literally less than an inch long, and the bastards took it from her and threw it in the trash can.

Makes me wonder what else I could fly with as long as I roll up a stethoscope with it. Edited by dats82
Last week we flew to LA, on the way overseas. When we collected our bags for transfer to the overseas airline I opened one of the bags to get something out and noticed that my Leatherman WAVE and EDC were both missing. Interestingly three of the four bags we checked had TSA inspection notices inside. The bag with the missing WAVE and EDC did not have a TSA notice. Bunch of thieves.....either in LA or Nashville or both.
Guest TankerHC
Numerous Airlines have lost so much of my personal belongings since I started flying in 1980 it aint funny. First time I ever flew was a MAC Charter on Flying Tiger Airlines. Lost all of my baggage on the way to Germany. Had to wear the same uniform for a month until the Army was satisfied they werent paying for anything.

Have any of you every been to the "Lost Baggage Store" in Scottsboro, Alabama just down the interstate from Chattanooga? First time I stopped there (I played Guitar for over 30 years) there was a Martin D-28, two Gibsons and a Fender American Strat hanging on the wall, big diamonds in the case and a couple of Rolex's and other expensive watches. Lots of expensive stuff. Cant tell me the Airlines couldnt make a little extra effort to find these people and give them back their stuff. I know many have not been paid for lost luggage, I have lost a lot and have never recieved a dime from the Airlines even though I go through all the crap to get reimbursed. After going back and forth with Delta for over a year every week, I just gave up, same with British Airways.

The messed up thing about that Lost Luggage store is I was told if someone comes in and finds their missing items, they can buy them back. Why should anyone have to buy back their own stuff when the Airline probably dodnt reimburse in the first place?
[quote name='rebeldrummer' timestamp='1354122437' post='851966']
i would venture to say that some of these items are NOT actual airport confiscation items...but rather eBay sellers trying to cash in on an opportunity to make a quick buck....just my opinion though?
[/quote]
I have to agree. I increased the size of the ebay pictures, those knives look mostly new. My personal knives are used, and show use. Those look to new to be everyday carried knives.