ak pistol ????

Guest Metal

Let me start off by saying I have been reading about this everywhere on the net and I just seem to keep becoming more confused....

Are there any rules I have to follow here in the state of tn as to how I build this ak pistol??

It will Have a threaded 9 inch barrel

Store bought and registered receiver as other..

Do I need to use a mag lock? I read something about the magazine has to be permanently attached???

Also no high capacity mags??

Not sure if this was the right place to post???

Anyway all helpful info will be appreciated,,,,, THANKS......
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as you don't put a stock or vfg, you can do whatever you want. All the things you mentioned are CA laws. Hi caps, FH, and everything else is good here. Here is my Draco pistol. Minus the stock it is a pistol.
[IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w191/nsnate02/Guns/Untitled.jpg[/IMG] Edited by AK Guy
Thanks that is what I thought..

Nice sbr!!!!!

Also Is that a ace folder???

Now say if some day I thought maybe some day I would want to send in my form 1 and make this a sbr.. Knowing this now when I assemble this pistol can I use the ace Receiver Block the one with the holes for the Folding Mechanism??? I would not have the but stock but it would be ready for it...
It is an Ace. The Dracos have a solid rear trunnion that you just drill and tap in place of an internal adapter. Depending on what gun you have there will be different options.
That bring said, I world be careful having an internal adapter threaded and a stock laying around until after you have your paperwork.
I was using a Stormworkz adapter plate that uses the same Ace hole pattern but mounts as a sling adapter plate. I figured that way I could already have it threaded and ready to go without having any legal issues while I waited for the paperwork.
http://www.stormwerkz.com/Description_Pages/AK_SP-AK-01_Views.html

Update

Day one...

then

Red dots gone now and I have finished fitting the rail and pistol block... I will update pic's soon...

Edited by Metal