I got some smarties today!!! (AKA M.T.A.C official sponsor)

Guest Boomhower

Guest Boomhower

I decided to take the plunge into plastic....well ok, half plastic. After reading all of the repeated stories about everyone's MTAC's I decided to get me one for my EMP since I don't have an IWB holster for it and I have to say that so far I am VERY pleased.

First off the shipping was phenomenal. I had heard other stories of it taking a week to receive, so I placed my order around 11pm last Saturday. Was sent an email on Monday saying that order was in production, but the production process was currently running 8 days :) (so I thought....great, my whole reason for ordering is now shot ;) ). Was sent another email on Tuesday saying that my order would be dropped off at the PO that evening :):D. Then I come home today (Thursday) and low and behold I have a package waiting for me in the mailbox :). Perfect timing. I'm leaving for SC this Sat. for a week and will be putting it to use since SC is a conceal only state.

Second, I am very surprised as to just how small this holster really is. In thickness and overall size. It's going to need a little bit of break in, but not much. I put it on this evening and worn it around with great ease. And I was also surprised as to just how concealable my EMP/MTAC is with my shirt tucked in. The only problem that I have is with the belt clips. Something told me to get the 1.25" clips since all of my belts are thinner, but I told myself to go with the 1.5" clips to give my pants room to fold over my belt like they usually do (love rest)....I just don't really have a belt that fills out the 1.5". O well, I'll just have to buy me some 1.25" clips later. I'll need the 1.5" sometime I'm sure.

DSC00771.JPG?imgmax=512

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too. I got an "infidel" for my USP-C, looks like they made some improvements over the pro undercover model I was using.

The infidel has screws that allow you to change the belt attachments or if you break a clip(like I did) all you have to do is get another clip rather than another holster.

As usual the folks at Comp-Tac were awesome to deal with, order was made on Monday and guess was waiting for me when I got home today.:)

Edited by 10Kilr

Congrats on the new MTAC. :)

I had a few minor comfort issues at first with it, but it has quickly become my favorite method of carry. The MTAC conceals my M&P9 very well and I don't doubt that you'll find it one of your favorite holsters.

Guest clutepc

I did the same thing and bought the wrong clips with my MTAC, when you get the right size it won't move as much.

It's the only holster I have,

Guest Boomhower

Thanks guys.....what little I've gotten to use it, I really like it. I need to cant forward just a little for car rides, but other than that, I'm well pleased.

Guest flyfishtn

Welcome to the club! I love my MTAC and have bodies for both my TRP and my XD .45 Service and couldn't be happier. I went with the C clips and got some standard clips as well (both in 1.5" since that is what the majority of my belts are).

The C clips are nice because it makes it easier to slide the holster in your waist without twisting your belt and pants up too much.

Enjoy!! :D

Guest Boomhower

Just catching up here guys. I've been on vacation for a week and didn't feel like booting up the computer and running down some WI-FI.

Well I have to say that I am quite pleased with my M.T.A.C.!! Two separate 7 to 8 hour car rides, and a few nights out on the town in between during the week, and I think it's safe to say that I am hooked on M.T.A.C.'s now. If this thing keeps carrying like it has been, I will probably look no further for new holsters. It never once bothered me while riding in the car (bucket seats), made several stops and never had to reposition my carry rig, most concealable IWB I've worn (nice and tight to the body) and I was surprised at how dry the leather was when we finally got home and I took the holster off. All of these pluses and I was using the 1.5" belt clips on a slightly over 1" regular dress belt. I can't imagine what this thing would feel like with a 1.5" gun belt!

Great purchase......

Boom, where are you wearing it at? I have had comfort in the car carrying at about 4 O'clock.

I carry IWB at 4 o'clock as well. OWB, I prefer at 3. This holster is very comfy in a car ride.

Edited by Boomhower
Spelling
Guest Boomhower

Oh, and I forgot to mention how the gun draws from the holster. I had wondered before and then read somewhere else on here of how someone stated they successfully drew from their MTAC, and it really works out quite well. I have the top of the plastic body positioned at my waist line and the leather tab that sticks up behind the gun, to protect your side from the slide corners and safety levers, makes for a great push off spot. It contours to the inside of the natural curve of my thumb, I am able to get a full grip on the gun, and as I clear the holster, my thumb is automatically positioned on top of the safety lever ready to disengage. It kinda takes a mental thinking step out of the equation if you ask me.