Crossroads Firearms in Knoxville

I stopped into the new Crossroads Firearms on N. Broadway in Knoxville this evening, which is in the same spot as the old Randy's Gun Shop.  Randy retired and sold his shop to new owners.  They have only been operating for 3 days now, so their current inventory is basically what was already there when Randy's closed.  The new ownership seems very friendly and the prices aren't jacked up on what inventory is there.  The inventory is quite limited at this point and  they have no ARs or .223/5.56 ammo in stock.  There is some ammo there, but nothing in huge quantities.  They said they are currently trying to acquire more stock to add to the store, and I told them they've had three days already and they need to get on the ball. :D

I'll be looking forward to see how they do things with a little more time to work on their new identity.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you Doc.

Randy's/ Crossroads is about ten minutes from my house.  I have not set foot in it for 5 or 6 years.  

I will give them another chance.  If they have a valid business model and can find something to sell they could do well.

If they are gonna be same old same old and can find some stock they will not succeed.

Edited by Mike.357

I quite going to Randy's for the same reasons. They also were very overpriced on most items, especially 22 ammo. You were hard pressed to find a brick of anything for under $25. And ANY CCI ammo was $8 a box, be it 100 Minimags or 50 round Velocitors. The final nail in the coffin was the 3% they charged on all purchases that were not cash, even debit card purchases.

They did have quite a selection of 22 ammo though.

Dolomite

I've had the same experiences as everyone else - high prices, 3% on credit OR DEBIT, sparce selection, and overall bad attitude.  Haven't been there in quite a while.  Does anyone know who the new owner(s) are?