Taurus PT145 Millennium Pro .45

Guest 9MM+357

Guest 9MM+357

Purchased one of these over the weekend, at the Bill Heard gunshow at fairgrounds. Was $309 before tax, not a bad deal at all. I needed something smaller in size for concealed carry, it fits perfect in the hand and feels great. I went to the Bob Pope show first at ag center in Franklin, they were a bit higher in prices. Haven't had a chance to shoot yet.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taurus has come a long way. Their guns are pretty quality stuff now. I would and do trust my life to one.

I have had my PT145 for a while now and I have never had a problem with it. It stays near my head in bed and I trust it to do its job.

The trigger pull was a little long but it was fairly accurate.

• 2 months later...
Guest RISC777
Suprised to see that Academy sports had the PT145 for $299.
They usually have more than one of the 9s and .40s in stock, but only keep one .45 at a time all priced at $299. Friend of mine has a Taurus 1911 and a Mill Pro .40, both are reliable and shoot great.

I have had one for about a year now and it is my primary carry gun. I am pretty happy with it. If I had the money I would probably get a baby Glock, Kahr or one of the ParaOrd PXT LDA's; but for the money I don't think there is anything like the PT-145.

Guest sermon8r

I had a PT-145 Mil Pro two tone and the Trigger would flex when pulling it.....felt like it would break off...... went bang every time......

paid 225.00 +tax and TCIS new at Pope show...

• 2 months later...
Guest oldhack62

I just laid away one of these -- third generation -- almost sight-unseen (from Impactguns.com, and have already bought a 100-round box of ammo for range duty.).

I've been fondling one at a local pawn shop for a week or two now, but it's priced the same as a new firearm online, and appears to be an older generation. But, damn, it fits my hand perfectly! So, decided to go with the new model, and am excited with anticipation to get it in a couple of months.

I have a Bersa .380 concealed carry and a classic Smith & Wesson 9mm hi-cap. I sorta suspect this Taurus .45 is going to be along with me more than either of the so-far range guns.

Guest Astra900

I quote myself from the other pt145 thread

I carried one for seven years. I retired it this weekend as a matter of fact. I quit counting rounds after the first few years at 3500. It never failed. It never jammed. It wasn't the most accurate and the trigger pull was loooooooong but that long pull kinda gives you a chance to back out. There is no accidents with this pistol unless you're a fing moron. Very safe pistol to carry.

I retired mine but will NEVER sell it. It got the best cleaning job of it's life and rests in my safe up front, proudly. Humble but effective, it's one of the best carry guns out there IMHO. BTW I don't know if Galco ever started making a holster for it, but the FL286 works perfect.

Guest sagebrushjim

addition ...Had this one for approx 4 years and has about 2,400 rounds thru it with no problems...:up:

PT145005.jpg

PT145002.jpg

Edited by sagebrushjim
addition ...