Something we need to stay on top of.

Something that has been rattling around in my head as I have been reading stuff on the net. Yes I know but this is really not :tinfoil: stuff. Right now we are focused on the possible bans, but all this talk of tighter background checks and mental health we need to make sure our Reps make everything known about what is in such bills. Keeping a gun from a true mental case may be fine but the burden of proof needs to fall to the Government and this includes financial restitution from any accusers if you need to seek council. A Doctor, ex-girlfriend/wife, or even just a coworker should not be able to point a finger and get you bundled up and disarmed before your shown proof and not the other way around.

This may be a back door that needs to be watched because as we know the left thinks we are all mental cases that need to be locked up anyway. Maybe make sure our Representatives know what limits the reach of such legislation may have so that the law abiding will not get swept up in some kind of frenzy. Just something rattling around in my head. I need to get it refined before it send it off. Thanks.

Joe W.         

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

The burden of proof should always rest on their backs. Trouble is that media will aid and abet their side. Any law that is passed

will be wrong because you know it will only include more of us being incriminated and won't do anything to stop the problem,

which can't be stopped anyway.

The other side undid mental health treatment and blamed it on the Republicans. I wonder how that happened?

I watched a show, I think on MSNBC, the other day where a "mental health professional" stated he would classify a gun owner as severely mentally ill if the gun owner was unwilling to give up their firearms. He even said that owning those "extremely dangerous" AW's would be a mental health issue in his opinion. He said he could not understand why a sane person would want any firearm.

Dolomite

I watched a show, I think on MSNBC, the other day where a "mental health professional" stated he would classify a gun owner as severely mentally ill if the gun owner was unwilling to give up their firearms. He even said that owning those "extremely dangerous" AW's would be a mental health issue in his opinion. He said he could not understand why a sane person would want any firearm.

Dolomite

He is a Hoplophobe.

Guest ThePunisher
[quote name="mcurrier" post="885033" timestamp="1358205867"]He is a [b]Hoplophobe[/b].[/quote] All liberals are Hoplophobes. Liberalism is a mental disease half the country suffer from.

Dolomite

Watching too much MSNBC will make your head explode.

Guest ThePunisher
My head doesn't explode because I refuse to watch a bunch of commie idiots spewing their hatred on us conservatives that loves the Constitution of our country.