Shopping malls that are not posted

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a store, or a mall, are not posted you can carry there. One caveat though, the property entrance can be posted, rather than the stores themselves, just like at Cool Springs in Franklin. In that case you can't enter the property at all (and be legal).

Edited by PapaB
Guest ArmaDeFuego

If a store, or a mall, are not posted you can carry there. One caveat though, the property entrance can be posted, rather than the stores themselves, just like at Cool Springs in Franklin. In that case you can't enter the property at all (and be legal).

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure that the statute says that ALL entrances must be posted. If one isnt posted then you can go in through there & still be legal.

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure that the statute says that ALL entrances must be posted. If one isnt posted then you can go in through there & still be legal.

I have been wondering about this. Our local mall has one entrance that is not posted and I always park on that side so I can use that door.
Guest Frightful1

I have been wondering about this. Our local mall has one entrance that is not posted and I always park on that side so I can use that door.

As I understand it, if all entrances are not posted they are in violation of the statute.

More accurately, if one entrance isn't posted you might be asked to leave or you might have to hire an attorney to fight it if you're charged. Is it worth paying an attorney to play gotcha on a technicality? Not to me it isn't.

If the entrance(s) to a parking lot is posted, everything within is off limits, including any stores. Those stores do not need to be posted individually.

I keep it simple. The sign should be visible to any reasonable person. I give it a cursory glance, maybe twice over. If I don't see a sign I enter.

Same at theatres. The sign should be clearly visible. I don't go by word of mouth as to where it is legal or not. I go by rule of sign. I have never seen and ignored a sign myself. I have seen and then not entered or given them my business.