Stag AR or Sig M11-A1?

knox

I am currently building money in my gun account.  I have my next purchase down to either an affordable, mid tier AR or a Sig M11 (or P 229).  

Based on nothing, just your first reaction, which would you buy?  No need to even give a reason - these are just to add to my collection. ( I have a Glock 19 and a Remington 870 Express 12 gauge, so my home defense is covered.  And when I get my Walther PPS back hopefully this summer, my carry weapon is covered as well.)

So, which would you throw money at?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Are you happy with it?

Of course! I'm a big sig fan, and love it, but at the end of the day it's a well marketed 229. You have to decide if an extra $130 is justifiable... In my case, I have several nice Sig's and it fits nicely into my collection.

I love the 229. Does the standard 229 have the corrosion resistant coating and short trigger reset that the M11 has?

No, you can get the SRT, but you have to get the M11 or MK25 to get the corrosion resistant internals... Out of all my pistols I have no corrosion internally, so I would say that it's not really necessary... Unless I decide to go play Navy seal.

I am a Sig guy too, but I am glad I don't have to make this decision. If I didn't own either, and what if ARs were no longer availabe, then you would kick yourself for not buying the AR. Well you could get a Sig M400. Deceision, decision, decision, I go with the Sig. I too do think that ARs will gravitate to pre Sandy pricing someday, and I hope they do not ban ARs.

then that is the one you need ,i have carried one for over 30 years .those that know me know i have most every 1911 around my go to gun is a p220

1911 are nice to shoot look at heck i lust after them but if i could only have 1 gun it would be a p220 i have 6 right now but i still have the one i bought over 30 years ago

just my opinion everybody has one but if you like we can go to the range you can try out most any 1911 and i bet you will agree the p 220 is a have to have gun