Joe Teti Knife

Guest MilitiaMan

I think he would be really happy with an esee. Or maybe hit up KfU and see what's in your range.

Agreed. I have a couple of ESEE knives and a KFU and they are excellent.

Another vote for kfu knives beautiful and built like a tank I have 3 with a 4th on the way.
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest MilitiaMan

Just a quick update. Took me a while to find the right knife for me. I picked up two that I really like. Well three if you count doubles, I have a habit of buying more than one of everything lol

Thanks to everyone who tossed out recommendations and helped with my knife search.

I would up buying 1 Cold Steel SRK and 2 Gerber LMF II's in Coyote Brown.

Plan on 1 on my tac vest, 1 in my B.O.B and 1 in my camping gear.

• 3 months later...
Guest davebward65

Anyone own this particular knife? He's the guy from the cable series "Dual Survival" on Discovery. The knife he carrys (a Surv Tac 7) on the show is his creation (so he says) and is sold exclusively on his website for $300.

I am thinking about buying one but would definitely like to hear of any advice on similar knives that would be a little less expensive.

i can buy close to 20 Mora Robust Q's with that money.  it perform just about any task the ST7 would in the same survival scenario, weighs about a pound and a half less (the most critical point of all when moving is weight), is sharper than any 7-9 inch blade, easy to sharpen in the field, batons just fine for what would be needed and WAY outshines the larger knife in around shelter processing chores.  But it won't look as cool hanging off your belt.  trade offs, trade offs.  If it is good enough for Cody Lundin, it's good enough for you and I.   Joe Teti is the sizzle.  Lundin is the steak.  although Teti is clearly highly capable, i would put my life in Lundin's hands any day of the week.  He is the real deal and has the mental aspect necessary that few have to get through the tough stuff.