My next 5.56/.223 rifle?

Guest 5Legion

Guest 5Legion

With 2 ARs, a Mini-14, an AK, and a PTR-91K already in the safe, I'm looking for a third rifle in 5.56/.223. I'm considering the HK-93, the Sig 556, or the FS2000. Truth be told, I really want the HK, but it's so dang pricey these days and hard to find one in TN. Primo $ on Gunbroker. Also, I'm leaning to the HK as I have a PSP and the pair would be just too dang sweet. So, any other 5.56/.223 rifles I should consider?

5L

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sig 556 is pretty cool though :lol:, thought about "borrowing" the one we have in the store to test drive :clap:

Yeah, let me know how that works out for you.... ;)

Have you played with all 3 to see which feels like "the one"

We have several Sig 556 (Swat and the folding stock version), the FS2000, and an SL8-6 ready to go if you want come do some bonding with them :doh:

You should also check out the MSAR STG556(AUG clone) which we also have in stock :)

Guest gcrookston

I recently found my original sales invoice on my HK93 from Granger Sporting Goods, Logan Utah. April 12, 1982. New: $782.14. What I like about the HK is the accessories...

dsc001306nt.jpg

gcrookston1078082754dsc000062p.jpg

I recently declined an offer of $1,500.00 for the sub-caliber unit. I paid $350.00 for that in 1998... Dang, I must be getting old.

Edited by gcrookston
Guest gcrookston
Thats a nice gun for sure.....

thanks. But to be honest, since I picked up a Sig556, this one is now a safe-queen and hasn't seen range time in about a year.

I think the Sig556 is a better rifle... 5legion, I suggest you get down to herogear and pick up a 556. You'll not be disappointed in either the rifle or their customer service.

In my job I travel throughout TN and KY and this allows me the opportunity to visit various gunstores and pawnshops in my AOR. My favorites are HeroGear, Guns & Leather and Coal Creek Armory, in that order. The folks at HeroGear cannot be beat for their knowledge, courtesy and pricing...

And no, Joe, I'm not going to let you have my 93 for what I have invested in it...

Edited by gcrookston
thanks. But to be honest, since I picked up a Sig556, this one is now a safe-queen and hasn't seen range time in about a year.

I think the Sig556 is a better rifle... 5legion, I suggest you get down to herogear and pick up a 556. You'll not be disappointed in either the rifle or their customer service.

In my job I travel throughout TN and KY and this allows me the opportunity to visit various gunstores and pawnshops in my AOR. My favorites are HeroGear, Guns & Leather and Coal Creek Armory, in that order. The folks at HeroGear cannot be beat for their knowledge, courtesy and pricing...

And no, Joe, I'm not going to let you have my 93 for what I have invested in it...

Tell you what, I will let you make a couple hundred on the deal :)

Guest 5Legion

Man that is a sweet 93 - do they get any nicer? Yep, I agree on the Sig 556. I got my hands on a normal non-SWAT model and was pretty impressed with it. Did not shoot it but, I liked the controls and over "solid" feel compared to an AR. AR mag use a big plus too. Still thinking hard on the Sig - it makes the most sense for the $. The FS2000 is a bit too rad for my liking I think. Bullpup looks cool, but I've got way too much muscle memory invested in the more traditional set-up. Anyone seen any '93s for sale near Nashville?

Guest 5Legion
Yeah, let me know how that works out for you.... :D

Have you played with all 3 to see which feels like "the one"

We have several Sig 556 (Swat and the folding stock version), the FS2000, and an SL8-6 ready to go if you want come do some bonding with them :D

You should also check out the MSAR STG556(AUG clone) which we also have in stock :)

Hero Gear: What do you think about the SL-8, and can it be easily adapted to AR mags?

Guest 5Legion

Honestly, I'm not sure I'd really need it. My "zombie killers" are ARs - this might get scoped and 10 rounds would really be fine. Still, it would be nice to use the brownell's 20s!

Guest HexHead

I've got a SIG 556 that I put a Trijicon Tri-Power sight on and it's an awesome weapon. I've put several hundred rounds through it without so much as a hiccup. It's eats cheap Russian Barnaul ammo like candy.

I had bought a couple of stripped AR lowers as a hedge against the election and after shooting a friend of mine's M4, I'm not even sure I'm going to build them out. I like my 556 THAT much.

Think of it as an AK built like a Swiss watch. :D

I really really like my FN FS 2000. Since I have owned it that is all that I have been shooting when time permits. Mag changes are easier than people make it out to be. Hell, it even has a 17'' barrel in a short package and can be shot left or right handed combat situations. I'll let you shoot it anytime if you can find the perfect place to shoot it. :D

DSC00136.jpg

heres the STG 556 I havnt shot yet either. sorry Joe lol;)

1211927433.jpg

And the SL8-1/G36K I havnt shot yet either(very expensive) $4,100.00:screwy:

1214947861.jpg

Guest Verbal Kint
I would really love an M1A.

+1

Have always planned to pick one up, but still haven't done so. Maybe after the SBR build is "finished".

Guest 5Legion

Got my hands on a Sig side folder last night, again - I was impressed with that rifle ... feels like an AK with the controls of an AR and takes AR mags. Best of both worlds? It would be perfect for my ACOG too. Also - I could buy that 556 and a new 226 for the $ of an HK. ;)

Guest 5Legion

So I played with an OD green FS2000 today at a local gun store - boy those are short! It's about the length of a MP5. I tried a few mag changes, not too bad. It would be perfect with an EOTech. Overall, I left interested and am still thinking on it. Price on the gun was $1900 - which seem a little steep to me, especially with tax on top of that. The FS2000 is back on the table, but I think I still really want an HK93. How reliable are the FS2000s out there? I've seen some mixed reviews, FTFs etc. Were these initial bugs? Great review right now on Gunblast.com.