Realoading book.

Guest NormShaver

Guest NormShaver

i am thinking about getting into reloading, what is a good beginner book to purchase don;t have to be beginner, but something that is somewhat easy to follow and also a good resource.

thanks for any help

Norm

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Crunchman

The ABC's of Reloading. I forget the editor's name as I've loaned out my copy. Great intro book and even a loader that's been at it for a couple of years may pick up some good stuff from it.

Also, the Lyman 48th edition load manual has some good intro info in it, as do most of the quality reload manuals (Speer, Sierra, Nosler, etc.).

Guest sling

Lee's reloading manual is awesome as far as teaching beginners. It has good load data and instructions. My only gripe with it is Mr Lee is very biased about his products. ex: He'll state why his product is better at pretty much any given situation.

I started reloading a couple of months ago. I started off by buying the Lee book first then the Lyman. I was told that it's better to have 2 or 3 books for reference on loads which both books have. It's also good to have a book from the specific powder manufacturer.

What I did was read thru the Lee book to get an understanding of the basics then someone from the gun club offered to teach me how to reload. That was the best part, actually using a machine to reload my own bullets. You can read all you want, but having someone actually show me was what I needed to get going. I have now have loaded well over 1500 bullets.

Before I even reloaded my first bullet at home, I started buying some of the basic equipment, tumbler, primer pocket cleaners, single stage press, decapping die. While I was reading, I was working on case preparation. It wasn't until after I had my lesson, that I bought my reloading dies. I'm now reloading .38spls, 9mm, and .45 acp.

Edited by SpacemanSpiff
to fix "making" bullet error ;-)

Lyman and Lee will both put you in the right direction and are available anywhere.

Get the Lee Anniversay Kit to start with and the book comes with it. The run down to the Reloaders Bench or order Lyman's on line. You get a good range of loads and powders using the two.

Hogdon has a good online source once your familiar with the nomenclature as well.

http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp

Guest Mugster
Unless you are casting bullets you ain't "making bullets".You are reloading ammunition.:P

Actually, its hand loading. You only reload if you use once fired cases. :rant: