New EDC

So last week, I sold my XD subcompact 9mm bi-tone after having it over a year. It was hard to let it go, but I decided on the XDs .45 in bi-tone to replace it. I've already ordered Talon Grips and a Remora 6ART holster for it. Pretty excited to take it to the LGS tonight and throw some lead down range. 

Being a smaller framed guy, I think the XDs will more favorably for me. Will let ya'll know how it goes!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the all black version of the xds and I love it. I carry it everyday in a crossbreed supertuck and couldn't be any happier. It conceals so well and I don't feel under gunned with six rounds of 45. I carry the federal HST 230 +p in it and recoil isn't bad. I can get six shot down quick with combat type accuracy. With FMJ target loads the recoil isn't bad at all. I find it better than alot of the compact 40's. Look up the ammo test on the HST's in the xds on tnoutdoors channel on youtube. He just got a xds recently so he will be doing a quite a few ammo test with it. The HST's performed well, even in the short barrel. 

Ttitan and babeit...ya'll didn't decide to go with the minituck?

So I went to the range last night...it does obviously have some felt recoil, but to be expected. My wife was not a fan of it, but I probably could've told you that.

I was shooting PMC brass in FMJ. No misfires or failures. The red fiber optic was very accurate! I'm waiting on talon grips and I'm kinda anxious cause after almost 100 rounds, my hands were getting slightly sore. Another 100, and I woulda been done! Haha

My remora holster came yesterday too! Very comfy, just need to break it in! Still may get a holster with a clip just for certain situations where I need peace of mind.

Did y'all change out the front fiber optic for green or just leave it the same?

I did. I carry my full size M&P in the supertuck and get them confused. I would definitely go with the mini tuck for the xds. Let us know how the talon grips turn out on it. I have them for my M&p and really like them but I don't know about the xds since it is already kind of grippy. 

Yeah, I just feel like the factory stippling is a little too aggressive. I had the PRP xtreme grips on my subcompact 9mm and they were great. But everyone talks about Talon Grips, so I'll give them a try

XDs .45 Bi-Tone : Talon Grips
Mossberg 500 : Blkhwk Recoil Reducing Stock : Archangel Side Saddle

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who loves the XD-s. It's a real good shooter and I LOVE the sights.

Mine is all black and I just put the rubberized Talon Grips on this weekend. Wow, they make a huge difference!

I don't feel out-gunned w/ only 6 rounds of Hornady 230 +P XTP either, but I still carry a 7 rd spare mag in a DeSantis Mag Packer.

I had a hard time deciding on a holster, so I made this one to use while I was deciding. It's really comfy.

3064209f701bbd172021af81a941df25_zps498f

Not sure if you can tell in the 2nd pic, but I lined the kydex with pigskin to protect the finish on my new baby.

365cdbd8ee61bea1736425766ac0f7d4_zps576c

Since then, I got a Bianchi Professional Tuckable and Minimalist and like both of them too. Nice to have options.

Edited by BigK

Nice holster, BigK. I'm carrying Critical Defense....mostly because it was all I could find locally. Hoping to get some other carry ammo soon.

Is there something you don't like about Critical Defense ammo? Something I should know?

From the reviews I've read online, it tends to under penetrate?! I'm sure others can chime in on it. Not a huge deal, but I don't believe it passes FBI protocol. To each his own though...