Music City Tactical Shooters - Shotgun / Pistol with IDPA Classifier

On 04/20/2013, Music City Tactical Shooters will be hosting a shotgun / pistol match.  We have been kicking around the idea for a 2 gun(shotgun/pistol) shotgun only or pistol only divisions so that everyone can participate.  I will make this available ASAP.  Stages are being formulated at the moment with round count and type of ammo needed. 

We will also run an IDPA classifier for those wanting to be officially classified for the Southern Regional on May 25th.  We will take a maximum of the the first 15 open slots.  Reserve your spot at President@mctsclub.com.   

Important Items:
1. You must be an IDPA member to get or change a classification.
2. Bring your IDPA membership so that scores can be uploaded to the IDPA website. 
3. Only IDPA acceptable equipment may be used including guns, magazines, holsters, and mag holders.
4. Please bring as many magazines as possible. Three minimum, four better, five or more makes everyone's day go so much better.
5. Concealment is not required, but may be worn if you desire.
6. Round count is 90, but bring extra in case of malfunctions.

We hope to see you there!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be steel and cardboard.  I suggest some slugs for the cardboard.

There will be one stage(Bay 5) where you will have 2 steel targets(with a NT involved) at a pretty good distance away that can be shot with slugs. 

Edited by HOGNUT

The COF for this weekend:  http://www.mctsclub.com/Shotgun_Pistol_04202013.pdf

78 pistol or birdshot rounds minimum

IDPA Classifier will be ran during the match by Rick Kyle.  For those shooting the shotgun/pistol match and wish to get their classification updated before the Southern Regional Championship, I will run the classifier for all those after the match.

Hope to see you there!

Looks like lots o steel!  Are you going to swap some of those out for cardboard on the day of? 

I'd like to shoot the match as well as the classifier.  Thanks for putting that out there as an option.

See you Saturday!

The final stage design does not happen until the day of the match when things are being setup.  It seems to flow better actually seeing the design on the bay instead of the powerpoint app. 

*NOTE:  For all those shotgunners, you may want to bring a few slugs with you also just for goodness sake.

We will see you at the shotgun / pistol match and the classifier at the end.

I have 11 spots taken thus far:

C. Ott

J. Young

J. Creasy

J. Wright

W. Kloeppel
K. Kloeppel
J. Jones
D. Petrou
C. Sturdivant
P. Sturdivant

R. Kyle

Rick will be running the squad for the IDPA classifier while I am putting new canopies up and helping shotgun / pistol squads.  Once the match is over, anyone from the shotgun / pistol match can do the classifier with another entry for each division.

Edited by HOGNUT

How many shot gunners typically show up?

There are some die hard shotgunners that like to work on their reloading. Most will probably shoot pistols this weekend. Last shotgun type match, there was no reloading needed because it was a 2gun match. I anticipate more shotguns to be present this go around.

At least shooting pistol at the match instead of shotgun, an individual will be "warm-up" for the classifier.

Tish's parents are in town so we won't be able to make this one, but man that IS a great idea, just shoot BOTH! Good luck guys and have fun! Can't wait to see the videos!

Bring them out so they can see their little girl kick some butt!

Tish's parents are in town so we won't be able to make this one, but man that IS a great idea, just shoot BOTH! Good luck guys and have fun! Can't wait to see the videos!

Yeah, Not showing up because parental units are in town is NOT acceptable.

Buy them breakfastat pancake pantry, send them on one of the around town bus tours or bring them to the match.

No skipping out on this one.

since we have been banned from your club, please remove the youtube video's of myself and Wanda shooting at mcts plus the one of myself and your sons shooting my 22's

it must be good to be king.