Is this a good trade?

I have a Mossberg 715t that I am looking to trade for anything just about. I have had a guy offer me a maverick 88 shotgun with some $$.

I was just wondering if this was a good shotgun. I trust your opinions on it.  It has the 28" barrel. I was wondering if the Mossberg barrels would fit it since I would want it to be a truck gun with an 18" barrel. I can not bring myself to bubba a good shotgun barrel. It seems to be a fair offer, but sometimes you just don't know. Not a whole lot of info out there on the aftermarket for this gun accessories wise. Thanks for the help.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Watcha think...

Fantastic shotgun

10/26/2011
I purchased this shotgun for well under $200 at my local store after comparing a few others (Remington 870, Charles Daly, etc)
and settled on this one due to the modified choke and large barrel. I LOVE THIS SHOTGUN!

It's a wally world mossie...

MAVERICK®  88â„¢  FEATURES:

• Maverick®  88â„¢ barrels are compatible with Mossberg® 500® model barrels within gauge and capacity.
  • All Maverick®  models include a cross-bolt safety in front of the trigger for speed and convenience.
  • All Maverick® 88â„¢ choke tubes are fully interchangeable with Mossberg® Accu-Chokeâ„¢ tubes.
  • 88â„¢ model barrels are equipped with 3" chambers and handle factory 2¾" and 3" loads.
  • All Maverick barrels and choke tubes are capable of firing  lead, steel or other non-toxic loads.
  • All models feature a blued metal finish and durable black synthetic stock and forearm.
  • All models feature dual extractors and twin action slide bars for positive, non-binding extraction and ejection.

Lp

Watcha think...

Fantastic shotgun

10/26/2011
I purchased this shotgun for well under $200 at my local store after comparing a few others (Remington 870, Charles Daly, etc)
and settled on this one due to the modified choke and large barrel. I LOVE THIS SHOTGUN!

• Maverick®  88â„¢ barrels are compatible with Mossberg® 500® model barrels within gauge and capacity.
  • All Maverick®  models include a cross-bolt safety in front of the trigger for speed and convenience.
  • All Maverick® 88â„¢ choke tubes are fully interchangeable with Mossberg® Accu-Chokeâ„¢ tubes.
  • 88â„¢ model barrels are equipped with 3" chambers and handle factory 2¾" and 3" loads.
  • All Maverick barrels and choke tubes are capable of firing  lead, steel or other non-toxic loads.
  • All models feature a blued metal finish and durable black synthetic stock and forearm.
  • All models feature dual extractors and twin action slide bars for positive, non-binding extraction and ejection.

Lp

Watcha think...

Fantastic shotgun

10/26/2011

Lp

I just want to know if Mossberg 500 barrels will fit it. If they do it is a go. I just don't need another shotgun with a long barrel.