data from 13 states that have universal background checks

interesting findings, excerpted below:

Universal Background Checks: Shouldn’t We Review the Statistics?
At least 13 states have enacted them, with no effect on murder rate.

"What troubles me about the current headlong rush towards a national universal background check requirement is how little attention we have paid to the thirteen states that have already performed the experiment.

I have recently finished a detailed paper using interrupted time series analysis of the relationship between background check laws and murder rate. This article is something of an advance warning — and yes, was conducted because a vote was coming up in Congress (and which, who knows, may come up again).

What startles from my paper’s findings is how ineffective those laws have been at what should be the most important measure: murder rate."

http://pjmedia.com/blog/universal-background-checks-shouldnt-we-review-the-statistics/?singlepage=true

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Michigan gun purchase laws are crazy. They have open carry with no permit but the gun I carry must be mine. It takes 48 hours minimum to get a permit to purchase a handgun. If you have a CCP the 48 Hours is waved and you can purchase then and there. People complain about our permit system, but this isn't much better. My inlaws both have CCPs and where purchasing his and her handguns(don't remember what) but my MIL left her purse in the truck. The seller wouldn't sell them both guns on one CCP. My MIL had to go to truck and get her CCP or it would be classified as a straw purchase under their law.