Florida FIshing

Heading to Florida next month for some fishing and hog hunting. I'm pumped! I found out today FYI, that Florida doesn't charge their residents for a fishing license if they are on food stamps. That's pretty cool and something all states should offer. Give the people a chance to feed themselves!

Cool thing about hog hunting there on private land is; you can use any weapon you want, day or night, spotlights, bait, feeders and 365 days a year...all FREE...no limit!

Listen to that TN, that's how you get rid of hogs!!!

We will be Shark, Cobia, Redfish and Sea Trout fishing by day, and hog hunting at night!!! I'm pumped!!

Dave S

• Like 1

Just do not go out on the Miss Canaveral!  Drift boat fishing at its worst.....don't ask me about it...I'm still trying to forget... :puke:

Hope you go into the Gulf and not the Atlantic....better fishing,beaches,music,nightlife.....have fun! (exFloridian here)

One of my game warden buddies owns a boat that we will be fishing from. He's also friends with the land owner that is letting us hog hunt.

I'm hoping for a good trip.

C.A. Willard, I'll get you out here sometime we can get together. We'll get out in my Bass boat and see what we can catch.

Army Brat; will be fishing the gulf between St. George and St. Marks. Will actually be staying in Crawfordville. I am supposed to go to Sanford for a rally, but don't think I will.

Then will be going over and surf fish in the Pensacola area.

Dave S

• Admin Team

Army Brat; will be fishing the gulf between St. George and St. Marks. Will actually be staying in Crawfordville. I am supposed to go to Sanford for a rally, but don't think I will.

Then will be going over and surf fish in the Pensacola area.

Dave S

We fish not too far from there. We go out of Steinhatchee and Keaton Beach a lot. Good people down there.

Come late summer, we love to go scalloping down there. We usually head down about 3 times a year. The economic downturn has been especially rough on those folks.

Make sure you take a flounder gig.

We used to have a beach house on St. George Island and used to flounder gig and catch scallops there all the time. All fun thins to do, until you stick a gig in your foot! I used to go down a couple times a year before we sold the house. I sure do miss that place!

Good times for sure!

Dave

From Sth Fla, not sure I would say the Gulf is better, just depends on what you are fishing for and what's running.. nothing like catching King fish at night.. Damn I wanna go too.. 

• Like 1

We fish not too far from there. We go out of Steinhatchee and Keaton Beach a lot. Good people down there.

Most of my wife's family live in Steinhatchee.  We've been fishing and scalloping there for many years.  Eating at Roy's tonight.

• Admin Team

Most of my wife's family live in Steinhatchee.  We've been fishing and scalloping there for many years.  Eating at Roy's tonight.

Love some Roy's.  A steak and some scallops after a long day on the water.

There's not much better.

Tell the "G" family I said hello and that we miss them. Hope y'all have a great trip and good success fishing and hunting. Don't let the kids show you up.

I'll tell JG for sure. Don't let the kids show me up? Almost a given that they will.
I have your phone number, I'll shoot you some pictures from there!

Dave S