NEW LCP

Guest janwbrown616

Guest janwbrown616

Well, after being on several waiting list for SEVERAL months I finally got my LCP. I also purchased a KEL TEC bet clip for it. Rides just below the belt and looks like a knife clip. Great carry.

I've shot the KEL TEC a lot and seemed to like it ok, but, the LCP just felt better to me.

Took it to the range and ran a box thru it. WOW! 10 yards it prints a little low but a nice 4 inch group. It feeds everything well, and I can't ask for a better choice. (It'd be nice to see a stainless later on)

THe Kel Tec is a nice weapon, but, to me the Ruger is great!

Edited by janwbrown616
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rufusgooch

This is one of the best ccw's ever made. I got mine at cabellas. Less than 10 yds a four inch group is easy. I have a bersa 380 (3 inch barrel) that easily out shoots the ruger; but the little ruger fit any where.

A sound gun. I have a ruger single six three screw. And you can feel the quality in the 380 as soon as you touch it. Ruger hit a home run with this gun. Just remember what it is; 10 yds or less. Cor-bon 70s. Your safe.

Never tried to install one on an LCP, but here is what it looks like on a Kel Tec.

KEY-016.jpg

Some forums say the KelTec one doesn't work.

Found one that says it will; obviously, janwbrown616 says it will, so I guess it indeed does.

I looked into similar for most any gun when I first knew I would be carrying, the ClipDraw (http://www.clipdraw.com), but decided pretty early on I didn't want to be carrying any handgun, especially semi-auto DAO, without something covering the trigger.

- OS

Guest janwbrown616

OK, guys, I"ll post the pix tomorrow. It really works fantastic. Puts the edge right below the belt line. I put the clip on in about 10 minutes and did not have to do anything to it.

I bought the LCP at GT Distributors. Also the Kel Tec Belt clip on the kel Tec Website for 9 bucks Plus about 6 for shipping....

Guest janwbrown616

Duhhh <

OK guys, it looks like I need more than a High School diploma to upload these pix. No "Manage Attachment" button below my message box. SO, I'll work on this today....

Guest goomba

I remmeber being told that there is an obscure law in TN that you have to carry your handgun in a holster... doesnt say what kind. but that it must be a holster....anybody else know anything about this?

oh.. Nice ruger... I've heard a lot of good things about the LCP...

I remmeber being told that there is an obscure law in TN that you have to carry your handgun in a holster... doesnt say what kind. but that it must be a holster....anybody else know anything about this?....

Not true.

I think I've seen that as a requirement in some other state(s) from browsing handgunlaw.us and similar.

Similar to the "no driving barefoot law" people often quote, which also doesn't exist.

As far as that clip though, while convenient and probably safe enough, I still wouldn't carry any semi-auto DAO (with no external safety) in any way where the trigger isn't covered. Seems that there would always be some chance, however slight, that something could get in that trigger guard and pull that trigger. Shirt tail, undershirt, roll of fat :-), grabbing it wrong in a hurry under stress. Whatever. I'll admit that for me that's probably more of a psychological response than a logical one.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest janwbrown616

Well if you'll look at the way the clip rides. The trigger would have to be pulled upward for anything to go off.

I understand your concerns. I think as long as the trigger guard is wider then the trigger you would not have to worry about it.

To each his own.

I carried a 45 cocked and locked in this position for many years, used rubber bands and packmyers rubber grips to keep it in place. Never had much of an issue. (Working UC, the BG never thought much about me with a gun tucked in my belt. A fancy holster would have raised his eyebrows tho)

Guess old habits die hard. No 45 now, just Glock, Walther and now the LCP. Carry the same way tho....

Well if you'll look at the way the clip rides. The trigger would have to be pulled upward for anything to go off.

I understand your concerns. I think as long as the trigger guard is wider then the trigger you would not have to worry about it.

I agree. Except I would worry about it. Note I said it's more of a psychological than logical response on my part.

I carried a 45 cocked and locked in this position for many years...

Well, to be fair on that, there is no "locked" on the LCP.

- OS

Guest janwbrown616
I agree. Except I would worry about it. Note I said it's more of a psychological than logical response on my part.

Well, to be fair on that, there is no "locked" on the LCP.

- OS

True, no safety or lock.

Just my preference, I understand yours also.