IDPA National Championship

we went before they changed the format and had shoot it all in one day, that sxcked but if you enjoy the sport you need to go at least once.

remember to pay attention to the cof brief. like if they tell you to pick up the phone and dail 911 to start the props moving, they will let stand there for ever talking in the phone wondering why nothing has happened. that sucked but you know what happens when the buzzer goes off.

make time to see the vendors and shoot there guns and visit all the teams from around the world.

forgot, this may sound silly, but be sure the gun fits in the box. we had a guy in the squad who put on his lazer grips on his just before the match and the lid on the box would not close so he was DQ'ed. and they check your weight, i had some pre-production stuff on my gun and he kept looking hard at it and putting it back on the scale but never said a word.

also after you do chrono they came back, and at random pulled/took rounds off your belt at the next stage. so no special chrono loads.

I am absolutely 100% legal. I average shooting a major about every month so I keep my loads at about 172pf (CDP) and my STI is all factory except for my magwell. I get to pick my days first so I'll be shooting Fri evening and Sat morning. 16 stages and only 175 rds. I'm shooting a match this weekend the VA state thats 16 stages and 264 rds I believe. so it should be a lot of fun with a much lighter range bag lol.

best of luck, i am sure that you are 100% i was just trying to point out some of the things i could remember.

like i said on your 1/2 day shooting be sure to check out the other teams and venders. the overseas team will sometimes bring extra stuff from there gun clubs to pass around. and that seems to be true no matter were u meet them.

the wife still uses from time to time a vest she got from a female shooter of one team italy members

I am absolutely 100% legal. I average shooting a major about every month so I keep my loads at about 172pf (CDP) and my STI is all factory except for my magwell. I get to pick my days first so I'll be shooting Fri evening and Sat morning. 16 stages and only 175 rds. I'm shooting a match this weekend the VA state thats 16 stages and 264 rds I believe. so it should be a lot of fun with a much lighter range bag lol.

Is that VA state at Kettlefoot?

Awesome, I'll have a blast (pun intended) this is my third VA State there. Great range but bad hill lol

Yeah that hill is a pain. We've got around 800 acres in those hills. Great sporting clays setup.

Enjoy yourself, best of luck.

• Like 2
Guest sbcman

we went before they changed the format and had shoot it all in one day, that sxcked but if you enjoy the sport you need to go at least once.

remember to pay attention to the cof brief. like if they tell you to pick up the phone and dail 911 to start the props moving, they will let stand there for ever talking in the phone wondering why nothing has happened. that sucked but you know what happens when the buzzer goes off.

make time to see the vendors and shoot there guns and visit all the teams from around the world.

Thanks for the info on shooting one or two days. Like Daniel I'm in the first wave of squad picks and didn't know if I should go it all at one time or break it up. Thanks!

Gun Carts don't care what your stage bag weights!

Edited by Spiffy
  • Like 1

also, just a note you may wish to bring a flash light. if they use the dark house, it was dark on one side and very low light on the run and gun side.

also a fun note, the cheaper than dirt truck that was there and part of a stage had 2 working belt fed machince gun mounted on it. no we did not get to fire them, its idpa after all.

they were use after the match and we were already back home.

It doesn't mean there wont be a check this year but last years match was a big disappointment for me and several others. Sorta like lighting a large fireworks canister on the 4th of July and expecting something nice but all you get is a small fizzle then a puff of smoke.