Reciprocal license fees for hunting in NC

What are reciprocal license fees?

I'm a TN resident, but I'll be in NC at the start of dove season and part of deer season. A non-resident fee for big game hunting (deer) is $60, unless you are from TN/GA/SC/VA, then the charges are more. For TN, it's $100.

What's the deal?

Additionally, $60 for a basic hunting license and $15 for game lands.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GUTTERbOY

What the hell? That must be something relatively new; I worked at Dick's selling licenses for several years back in NC, and I don't recall this stuff from then.

I haven't the slightest clue what the deal is with the varying fees, but it does make me wish I had gotten a lifetime license before I moved out of state.

Oh well.

Off topic... but why did "the man" take away your pistol?

:(

On topic... this is the first time i've heard about this. I emailed a buddy about it who lives in NC and he said he's never even heard of such a thing. Weird.

Off topic... but why did "the man" take away your pistol?

I bought a Glock 36 off Gunbroker.com that ended up being stolen and I was asked by the ATF to surrender the weapon. Ends up that a sharpshooter from the Oklahoma City police department was taking department weapons, then selling them.

As far as license fees, I called the license division of the NC Wildlife Resouces commission. They're answer for the reciprocal fees was: We will charge a TN resident the same amount that a NC resident would pay for a TN hunting license. Sounds more like a retaliatory fee than a reciprocal fee!!!:)

I bought a Glock 36 off Gunbroker.com that ended up being stolen and I was asked by the ATF to surrender the weapon. Ends up that a sharpshooter from the Oklahoma City police department was taking department weapons, then selling them.

:) kinda...

Did you at least get reimbursed for the money you spent?

And the reciprocal fee idea is stupid, but if it's going to continue then maybe TN should charge out of state hunters a bit less.

Guest Grizzly Johnson
:rolleyes: kinda...

And the reciprocal fee idea is stupid, but if it's going to continue then maybe TN should charge out of state hunters a bit less.

Tennessee should be charging alot less for resident hunting license too!!! It is rediculous how expensive they are compared to other surrounding states ....... guess it's all those brand new vehicles they need to ride around in with warn winches and brushguards on the front....... sorry just had to say it, sometime the truth hurts........

Did you at least get reimbursed for the money you spent?

Well, the guy went to court and was ordered to pay me back, but he also got 18 months in prison with no chance of parole. So...........I'll probably never see the money, cause the POS will probably claim bankruptcy when he gets out of the cooler. Live and learn.

As far as license fees, I love that TN doesn't have a state income tax, but boy, they sure stick it to ya for license fees. Both here in TN and in surrounding states with the reciprocal "fines".

I'm staying in the Cary area for the next two months, any ideas of good dove hunting fields? I picked up a sweet older Wingmaster 870 this past weekend!

I used to live in Chapel Hill, Cary, and Wake Forest . . . there should be some dove shooting in Chatham County; take Hwy. 64 out of Raleigh to Pittsboro, the county seat. Stop at the Chatham County Sheriff's Department and ask around for some possible dove sites.