Palm Treo Users

Guest db99wj

Guest db99wj

Ok, today I was out taking pictures of sales of industrial warehouses, exciting I know, and decided I would make a few phone calls when I was done. I said to myself, self, since it is late afternoon, lots of traffic, I am going to do the right thing and use my ear plug hands free thinggy. I put it in, call my brother, he wouldn't answer, guess he was on his Harley, called another friend, he didn't answer, and gave up. (I had already talked to the wife multiple times today) I had to call her a little later when I was picking out a bday present for my 5 year old, bday is today, anyway, got back in the car, plugged handfree thinngy in, went on home. I needed to sync my palm up with the pc since I had put several things into quicken this week and I noticed it didn't make the musical noise it does when it syncs, thought to myself, self, that is kinda weird. O well, we had to leave. Was over at a reletives house, notice that I lost all my noises, the ones that click when you hit different things, got home, couldn't make calls, couldn't get calls, could get a text but no ringing when it came in.

Got online and found a few things, evidently, when you insert the hand free jack into the port, it causes something to get stuck and people have found that putting WD40 on the hands free part, then inserting into the port, will free it up and cause it to work again. I put a thin layer on, insert back and forth.....;)....., then did a warm reset, then a soft reset, and all is well again. Oh, I also somewhat threw it across my computer desk, it bounces quite nice....it was gentle and I was pissed.

So the moral of the story is don't put your jack into your port or you will screw something up, and if you do, lube it up...

Ok, my rant is over, I'm going to bed.:D

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the Palm Treo 700wx, and I just found out I can't send pictures/video files/audio files via text messaging. I'd have to send them via email, but that doesn't work if I'm trying to send it to someones phone.

Tech Support informed me that this is because my Treo has the Windows OS. If it were the Palm OS, it would work.

I have the Palm Treo 700wx, and I just found out I can't send pictures/video files/audio files via text messaging. I'd have to send them via email, but that doesn't work if I'm trying to send it to someones phone.

Tech Support informed me that this is because my Treo has the Windows OS. If it were the Palm OS, it would work.

I send pictures back and forth from email to my phone with no problems ;)

I send pictures back and forth from email to my phone with no problems ;)

Yes, but can you send/forward a picture/video clip/audio clips from your phone to another phone, via a Text Message? I know it can be done via the internet, but that's not what I'm looking to do.

Sending pictures/video clips/audio clips isn't a problem for most newer cell phones, but according to Tech Support, the Windows OS won't all me to do it.

This is what happened; Someone forwarded me one of those text messages (with a .gif clip) that eventually gets sent to everyone on the face of the planet, but when I attempted to forward it to people, all they got was the text. No one could see the picture.

I can save the picture/file to my phone, then send it via email, but not text message.

Yes, but can you send/forward a picture/video clip/audio clips from your phone to another phone, via a Text Message? I know it can be done via the internet, but that's not what I'm looking to do.

Sending pictures/video clips/audio clips isn't a problem for most newer cell phones, but according to Tech Support, the Windows OS won't all me to do it.

This is what happened; Someone forwarded me one of those text messages (with a .gif clip) that eventually gets sent to everyone on the face of the planet, but when I attempted to forward it to people, all they got was the text. No one could see the picture.

I can save the picture/file to my phone, then send it via email, but not text message.

i have a Verizon Treo 700wx and i send pictures/sounds/video all the time. while it wont technically send them via a text message, it will send them via a MMS (multimedia message). on my "Messaging" screen, use your d-pad and push left or right like you were switching to your email account, and you should see a MMS page...thats where you send it. i think it limits you to 350kb file size though...kinda a bummer for video but works for most audio and pictures...