Clarksville/Dover Area Hunters

Anyone care to take along a guy who is trying to get into the sport? Im 31 years old and have been shooting a long time. been turkey hunting once several years ago, duck and deer last year. I live in town and don't know too many people in the area or have access to much land at all. I have a lifetime hunting and fishing license I got pretty cheaply as a disabled veteran and would like to put it to use. ive got a 12ga and a 30-06.

I don't care what the season is, I love being in the outdoors and want to get into hunting. been a few times but never killed anything. im really wanting to try to harvest more and get to eating wild game that ive killed.

feel free to PM me if you are willing to help a guy out.

I will be dove hunting this weekend. Robertson Co. Public field. You or anyone else is welcome to come sit on the tailgate with me. Field opens at noon. I have a silver Toyota Tacoma crew cab with a matching camper shell. I will be sitting at the truck since I am still on crutches. More than likely I will be parked near the tobacco barn.

You need a shotgun and a free migratory bird stamp, and some water/sunscreen/stool. If you have #8 field loads, bring them. If not, I have plenty of 12ga to share.

It's on Lee Jones Road near Adams, you can't miss it. Lee Jones road isn't very long. It's also called Sadlersville Road on the Montgomery Co. Side.

PM me if you plan to come so I don't get lazy and stay home. Most likely I will be there either way.

Yup.

I will be dove hunting this weekend. Robertson Co. Public field. You or anyone else is welcome to come sit on the tailgate with me. Field opens at noon. I have a silver Toyota Tacoma crew cab with a matching camper shell. I will be sitting at the truck since I am still on crutches. More than likely I will be parked near the tobacco barn.

You need a shotgun and a free migratory bird stamp, and some water/sunscreen/stool. If you have #8 field loads, bring them. If not, I have plenty of 12ga to share.

It's on Lee Jones Road near Adams, you can't miss it. Lee Jones road isn't very long. It's also called Sadlersville Road on the Montgomery Co. Side.

PM me if you plan to come so I don't get lazy and stay home. Most likely I will be there either way.

Yup.

Saturday or Sunday or Both?

Saturday or Sunday or Both?

Whiskey is a good guy. You'll have a good time with him. I'm not 100% sure any more, but I believe your shotgun has to be plugged for three when Dove hunting, so take your plug with you. Thanks for calling!

DaveS

The beauty of dove hunting is in the simplicity. A bucket, a shotgun and a field. No special carbon filled scent free under garments, no red hot doe pee captured at the peak of breeding cycle, no bang whizz latest gizmo gun/ammo combo or any other hunting contraptions required.

Double check for a magazine plug, no more than 2 in the mag, or a total of 3 in the gun. You will likely get your license checked, so double check you have it and it contains the migratory bird stamp.

Dress cool. Shorts and a camo tee shirt are fine. I recommend a hat to keep the sun at bay. Sunglasses are good too. They protect your eyes from the sun and the peppering shots.

Yup.

That's what I'm talking about! Man comes on here wanting to go hunting and gets hooked up! Heck yeah!!

DaveS

Too bad he's gonna get my bad influence before you have a chance to work on him. :)

Should be a decent hunt tomorrow of anyone else decides to drive out. They cut a lot of corn there earlier this week. Saw a few birds this afternoon. Only problem is how wide open it is. Not much to corral the birds.

Yup.

Too bad he's gonna get my bad influence before you have a chance to work on him. :)

Should be a decent hunt tomorrow of anyone else decides to drive out. They cut a lot of corn there earlier this week. Saw a few birds this afternoon. Only problem is how wide open it is. Not much to corral the birds.

Yup.

Maybe he'll be repairable! Sounds like ya'll gonna have a blast. Been a long time since I've Dove hunting. My hand is healing pretty good, so next week one day, I'll get Travis out Squirrel hunting. Maybe get him on some tree chicken. Ya'll be safe tomorrow and get some birds! Post a pic if you can.

DaveS