Now this is music!

Guest jps37033

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Around here, great playing is just normal. You can wander down to the old log house (Anderson Townhouse) in Blountville every Friday night and hear super old time and bluegrass musicians for free, the way it should be heard - all acoustic.

Pretty much everything after And Justice for All went downhill pretty bad. I think they tried to get more "mainstream" for more money. Ahh well, my vote goes to Ride the Lightning as their best album.

I agree 100%. My favorite was Master of Puppets.....Ride the Lightning would definitely come in second though. You're pretty young Metalhead, too bad you didn't get to see them back in their prime. It's cool to see someone as young as you are into the old stuff though ;)

Good music comes in all styles Mars.......just like good guns :popcorn:;) I personally like anything fast.....whether it's bluegrass, hard rock, old metal, and even classical. Slow anything is just boring and depressing.

How in hell did crap like Metallica get into this? Weren't they also a big force in anti-PTP crap. (Rhetorical question not requiring a reply) F them.

Or as I might say, let's get back on topic. :popcorn:

Yeah they were. I think their crusade agianst the pirates of their music has more to do with them being greedy than anything - along the lines of why the went more mainstream instead of sticking to their roots. Maybe they were bitter after they saw their sales falling after the release of the lesser albums. Who knows. Still great music though, if you get the right albums - I do like some songs on their later stuff though, just not as much. I really cannot think of any particular song on their first several albums that I didnt care for, but many on the more recent stuff.

Bluegrass/country/soul/whatever other types of music just dont do it well for me. I'm with PackinMama, if its fast and hard, more than likely I'll like it. ---- Packin, you ever listen to Dream Theater?

Bluegrass/country/soul/whatever other types of music just dont do it well for me. I'm with PackinMama, if its fast and hard, more than likely I'll like it. ---- Packin, you ever listen to Dream Theater?

I've heard the name but that's it. I don't listen to the radio much.....so I'm not too familiar with newer stuff. Are they similar to old Metallica?

Fivestring, that was awesome!!! It took me about 45 minutes to download it with my slow dial-up.....but it was worth it!

What part of East TN are you in? Do you play anywhere regularly?

I'm just below Knoxville. A few years ago, I used to play with Wild Blue Yonder. They were kinda popular with the Possum Song they played on Knoxville radio stations before I started with them.

Now I just play with a couple of bands locally, and fill in with other bands from time to time, not really regular.

http://www.cybergrass.com//modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5287

News: John McEuen Producing New Steve Martin Album

Music NewsBMNN wrote: on Sep. 04, 2008:

John McEuen is no stranger to acoustic and bluegrass music. He sent us a note about an exciting new project he's working on. Those who know John, know that he's always working on something! This summer John McEuen started producing an album for his lifelong friend, actor Steve Martin. Of Martin's all original music - for release in 2009, John says "the Steve album is coming along great! People will be shocked at how vast and varied is music is, and how hot he plays… this album will show Steve as a composer of unique hot and soulful music, and as a songwriter with an unusual twist for lyrics. And, in the 44 years I've known him, I've never heard him playing better."

Martin's yet to be titled album (a dozen instrumentals and three vocals) features such diverse talents as David Amram, Earl Scruggs, McEuen, Tony Trishka, Pete Wernick, Craig Eastman, Russ Barenburg, (Vince Gill and Tim O'Brien sing two songs, and Steve even sings one); it is hard to pigeonhole as to 'style'. "Trishka hit it out of the park on tunes he picked on.. and Wernick showed his restraint and taste and best tone.. they were invaluable in their contributions." John brings Americana folk traditional instruments to Steve's world of notes where you will hear strains that combine influences from their mutual past - Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, The Music Man, Aaron Copland's Appalachian Spring, and bluegrass - in way that “will take the music world by surpriseâ€, says producer McEuen.

I have a female friend :bowrofl: that very much enjoys this girl.

I must say after listing to it,it will get stuck in your head :rofl:

[theres a couple songs on this vid]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=360n0uKYD[/ame]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUoijlfDPhk&feature=related

Some of their covers of popular songs are pretty cool. The album is in havy roation on my Zune playlists.

I remember seeing them on Kimmel,and though they were great! Edited by strickj

I first seen Mckee about six months ago and was blown away.

Anyone seen Tommy Emmanuel??

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Back to the original topic of this list, I also have the ultimate Dueling Banjos by the Kruger Brothers in mp3 only. If anyone would like me to email it to them let me know. You won't be disappointed.